Nesting Instinct continues...

Well, hubby is now away and about to arrive in Gold Coast, Australia. =) Kae is at my parent's for the weekend.

It's just Noah and me... and a ton of laundry to do hahaha.

Just washed a bag I intend to use as a diaper bag, 12 white cotton nappies and am waiting for a laundry load to be done. Phew! I think when the baby comes, I will lose weight very naturally and very quickly from all that breastfeeding and from all the household chores that need to be done- more clothes to wash with a new addition to the family. Lol. Lots more cleaning too coz the house needs to be much cleaner with the baby around the place.

Bought the white cotton nappies because I decided Bum Wear was $$$, takes longer to dry and I am gonna be using both cotton nappies and disposables (Drypers probably- altho' I love Mammy Poko). I am not the "green" sort of mummy- sorry folks! ^.^" Gonna use disposables at night and we head out. Nappies are for day use in the home.

I also bought the nappy liners, breast pads ("Lilypads"- silicon ones) and disposable breast pads (stand by and also to use when we go out... I will be using little cotton towels, folded and tucked into my nursing bra when I am at home. Need to go to the market to get those one of these days hahaha). I got a compact powder by Pigeon meant for baby's butt- compact powder means there will not be loose talcum powder flying all over the place. It's portable and very practical to use. I also have a Kodomo liquid talcum powder that I've been using. This product comes in liquid form which later dries to become powdery to the touch. Cons? It take ages to dry and can be annoying until then. =p Mental note- I have to go get my Drapolene - nappy rash/barrier cream to standby as well.

Hmm... I think we are otherwise pretty much done with our smaller ticket purchases. We are counting on our friends to give us diapers of assorted sizes during the baby shower OR vouchers to help us with our future diaper purchases. Hint hint dear ones! =) Help us out here? =)

For the larger ticket items- we might get a changing table from Kiddy Palace or Ikea (Plastic vs Wood... $140 vs $59). We also need to pick up the baby cot(s) and purchase the mattresses for them- gonna get those breathable/ porous latex ones. =p They cost a bit though. God will provide. Amen.

Hospital bag's all packed and ready to go- baby's receiving blanket and romper (just washed them a few days ago), my clothes, my lingerie, S.napkins, toiletries, documents (i/c and a copy of our marriage cert), breastpads, spare NB diapers in case... I just need to add in the birth plan, the phone, ipod, camera, plus their respective chargers when the time comes.

Just 10 more weeks or so before Noah arrives!

I am sooooo excited and at the same time, I feel overwhelmed by all the cleaning and packing that still needs to be done. This week's gonna be a quieter week though as hubby is away. Gonna wait for him to return before I continue cleaning/storing etc. Really hard to do cleaning all on my own. =p

Resting my way through my nesting instincts. =)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sermon 31/08/2008 - Pastor Lian (NCC)

What the Anointing Oil is & Prayer for the Anointing Oil

Vision Sunday 2013 - The Keys of David (06.01.13) by Pastor Joseph Prince, New Creation Church Singapore. SERMON NOTES