A reflection on that which is transient n that which is forever

I haven't been writing much quiet time reflections in the recent months, not so much because I have nothing to reflect on, but there are so many personal moments of quiet repose and resting with Daddy God.

There are some sadness that cannot be put into words, and other happiness that I decided to keep private with my family at first. There were moments of thoughtfulness as I rested from writing and took in His Word that comforts and recharges as well.

Sometimes, it is hard to imagine what tomorrow may bring. Friendships that feel like they can last forever find themselves faded over time, worries and cares that seemed so real in the past are brushed off today because of the firm foundation I have in His wonderful victory, kids grow and blossom, parents age gracefully... So I endeavour this day to enjoy today as it is. Every today I have, I rejoice for this is the day that the LORD has made. =)

There are some days that I sit here, on my bed, and muse about how far I have come from despair and despondency (which I have blogged about before). That probably is my greatest comfort- that as bittersweet some of life's experiences can be, I have learned to take my emotions and thoughts captive in Christ so that no matter how my feathers are ruffled, the Holy Spirit is never far to comfort, to teach, to whisper about my covenant friend, my LORD and Saviour, to heal wounds that only He can heal. In Him, I have a peace and calm I never knew before.

I count my blessings and there are plenty. Praise Jesus. And in counting these blessings, I discount the losses for I will always have life and life more abundantly in Christ ^.^!! What I lose or am robbed of, He always gives back in abundance. ^.^

Grass withers and flowers fade but the Word of our God stands forever. How wonderful to always hold that truth close to our hearts.

What is His Word on love?

1 John 4:19 "We love because he first loved us."

Without His love, we cannot love unconditionally. 1 John 3:14 further speaks of how when we have no love, we are dead. John probably means that when we find it hard to love from His love, we have yet to fully die to our flesh and rise to our new life as believers. We are breathing but somewhere inside, something is still not alive.

What does this all mean?

If there is a brother or sister we feel has fallen from grace, we love them back to Him.

If there is a brother or sister who no longer feels lovely to our flesh, we love them from His love.

If there is a brother or sister who is doing wrong, we pray for their victory because He first loved.

If there is someone (believer or not) who hates us or speaks ill of us, we continue to love them with His love no matter how it cuts because hate, despair, condemnation only grows bitterness in the heart.

And it is this love that He pours out in us, in me, that helps me get through the darkest days because His Son-shine always casts a light where I sit, stand and walk- a pillar of passionate love in the deepest night, a cloud that shelters me from the blistering heat of this world.

It is this love that makes it possible for me to wake up every morning to say a heartfelt and thankful Hallelujah where I once used to wake up and bemoan that I had another 24 hours to try to get through.

Thank God for that which is forever because this forever love makes it easier to exhale the transient and draw from His grace that is available for every moment of our lives- the good, the bad, the beautiful and the ugly.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sermon 31/08/2008 - Pastor Lian (NCC)

What the Anointing Oil is & Prayer for the Anointing Oil

Vision Sunday 2013 - The Keys of David (06.01.13) by Pastor Joseph Prince, New Creation Church Singapore. SERMON NOTES