Knowing when to "Drop Out" and let God

I love Lego Batman which i play with Ian and Kae. Sometimes when I can't get my character over an obstacle, i "drop out", let the computer take over to follow Ian or Kae's character, and resume once the coast is clear.

Sometimes i stubbornly hang on and we spend lots of wasted time waiting for me to clear the obstacle.

I'm not trying to encourage people to not persevere in the face of trials. Rather, I hope to encourage you to learn when and how to let go and let God take control of a situation.

Being quite a stubborn girl in my youth I have learned precious lessons about letting go. It's not weak to let go and surrender to God a circumstance. Rather, it takes strength, discernment, humility to take a step back, admit your inadequacy, and allow your Heavenly Potter to mould the clay that you are.

Never be too proud because pride comes before fall. But yes, we all need to fall a few times before we learn how to walk, to ride a bike... Our spiritual walk is no different. Just don't keep making the same mistake despite all the corrections you've picked up along the way.

Don't hold on to your hot potatos anymore. Pass them to Jesus to handle before you scald yourself. His nail pierced hands can handle so much more than you can handle. ;)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sermon 31/08/2008 - Pastor Lian (NCC)

What the Anointing Oil is & Prayer for the Anointing Oil

Vision Sunday 2013 - The Keys of David (06.01.13) by Pastor Joseph Prince, New Creation Church Singapore. SERMON NOTES