The last few days in summary =)

Touched down on Friday morning at ab0ut 2am or so after spending a short break with Ian, Charmaine & Linghooi in Jakarta. =) It was really good for the guys to see their significant others and I am sure it helps make the trip feel less bah humbug.  For those not in the know, Ian's been in Indonesia for about 3 weeks now and will only be back in late August. =) They are there doing a 3D feature film with some American director. =)

We took Jet Star up to Jakarta and becoz some dude who was supoz to be in the flight before ours at the same gate was MIA, there was a pretty annoying delay and wait before we got to board our plane. The trip was not too bad altho' there was some turbulence midway. I was too sleepy to care really coz I had not slept the 2 nights before the trip. I caught some shut eye before we touched down.

We had a most friendly chauffer meet us at the airport. He couldn't stop smiling and was really helpful. Starving, I headed to the McDees at the airport to grab a bite and was shocked to discover that one is able to order fried chicken with RICE; and if you want a more "complete" option, there is also fried chicken with rice AND SOUP.

Ling Hooi was home waiting for Charm and I as he was not well, and we waited up for Ian to join us after another ardous work day. It was so wonderful to hear those familiar footsteps approach the door and to REALLY give my hubby a huge hug when he had his Fred Flintstone, "Wilma I'm home" moment. 

It was nice seeing my dearest precious blessing face to face after seeing grainy Skype video images every night running up to the meeting. 

The next day saw us heading to their sorta "Taka", "Suntec City" equivalent of a shopping mall.  We had PIZZA HUT for lunch - cheaper than McDees okay? Much better quality than local Pizza Hut outlets - and then it was time for an impromptu Movie Marathon. All 4 of us caught Public Enemies, and then Charm and LH caught UP! whilst Ian and I caught Harry Potter. 

Before the show, we had dinner at a place that resembled Food Republic back home in terms of decor. Sadly, the food was super disappointing. There were a whole host of "Singaporean" stalls but the Tiong Bahrun Hokkien Mee I bought tasted nothing like Hokkien Mee. Ian's Murtabak or Martabak, as they spelled it, was stuffed with potatos and came with a pathetic bowl of chicken curry. LH and Charm apparently had Ajisen Ramen but the serving was dismal! He had 2 bites of noodles and that was all the ramen that was in his bowl. The pork ribs was really tiny. Disappointing dinner aside, we were sorta excited to visit the cinema. One thinks this is gonna be LH and Ian's fav part of living in Jak now - CHEAPO MOVIES. It was only 3 or 4 plus to catch a show! To catch UP in 3D, just add S$0.50 to the equation. CHEEEEEEEEEP CHEEEEEP. =)

Public Enemies was a YAWN! I love watching Johnny Depp but the rest of the film was such a bore. It was like coke without the fizz and tasting flat and weird. I didn't like it to be honest. Christian Bale hardly made his presence felt. I just felt it was a waste of time. Thank goodness movie tickets are cheap in Indon. Lol.

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince was not too bad. Felt they caught the teenage crushes and angst quite well. It is a series I refuse to let Kae watch because it is too dark. For Ian and I, it was a regular comedy because we view much of the dialogue through our own little personal jokes. It was less blah than Pub Enemies and I wanted to catch it, not becoz I support the franchise, but because I've heard how the directing was pretty good. 

We're saving UP to watch with Kae as well. XD

The one thing about travelling around in Indon is that one has to open one's bag for the security to have a look see about thanks to the recent bombings at the 2 hotels.  It is a commendable practice albeit a little troublesome. But I didn't mind it. 

The next day saw us shopping around ITC which felt like Lucky Plaza, Far East Plaza mix with Pearl Centre.... less stylo mylo place but with so many stalls, you wun know where to begin.

Ok we did. We began with LUNCH. We checked out their also less arty farty food court and since majority felt it had somewhat more variety, we decided to eat there. I walked 4-5 rounds before I decided on my lunch. After last night's disappointing mee, I was taking the photos on the menus with a pinch of salt. To be fair, the Crispy Chicken dish I ordered was better than the Hkk Mee I ordered the previous evening but for its price, the serving size was really tiny. Ian had Nasi Padang and Charm & LH had Ayam Penyet. All in very tiny portions. Ian ordered Jasmine tea to drink after his meal but abandoned it after one sip - talula manis!! (EXCESSIVELY SWEET) It would kill a diabetic with one sip man. I thought I was sipping on syrup. That sweet. It was the same story later on when he ordered teh. I had to get another cup, pour it out and dilute it for him. Cringe! =)

ITC sells some really budget friendly clothes and despite asking many times Boleh Koorang? (Can you lower the price), the smiley shop assistants mostly replied Haga Pas (fixed price). They've learned prob that Singaporeans drive a hard bargain and can afford the shopping. =p The prices of the clothes were really really a third or more of the prices of the same stuff in SG, so I was inclined to bargain less hard and allow those folks to make some money lah. What fascinated me were the muslim swim wear. Our local muslims wear mostly black or blue skin suits, but they had some of the most colourful and well, comparatively, more fashionable swim wear. 

I hope the next time we return, to buy more baju for Ian. Cheaper pants, cheaper shirts... why not? Jeans for ladies were going for a song at S$10 or less!! I mean honestly it would be waste not to update his wardrobe there. 

We had trusty Pizza Hut for dinner again before realizing that the flight back was delayed 2 hours. It meant a late night for everyone, but it also meant extra time for us girls to spend with our respective dudes.

Got to snuggle up to Ian for a little bit and spend that extra time with him. Was so thankful for it. Praises to Abba Daddy! I  really treasures every extra second spent with him. God is good! 

Then it was off to the airport and more waiting for our turn to board the plane. On our way there we saw the opposite side was horribly jammed. It might turn out to be a 2 hour drive home for the guys, but Ian and I confessed otherwise and praise God, the ride home for them was swift. No jam! =D

Touched down to discover the little one was sick though, but believing Kae is healed in Christ. His fever was a whopping 39.7 in the afternoon, but after meds, it was down to 37.9 - amused Kae to no end coz the 7 and the 9 swopped places... pretty much like how Christ swopped places with us on the Cross, so He became sin for us, He bore our iniquities for us.

I thank God our family is hedged in on ALL sides by the LORD and His angel armies. No weapons formed against us will prosper.

Took a short siesta and then taught in school. Missed the little ones so much but felt a bit disheartened because they still dun seem to be absorbing what I am teaching. I believe that the breakthrough will come by soon! As usual a lot of reading mistakes - of became for, wind became wint and winter, Miss became Missus, feel became feeling, feast became fast... =)

The evening wrapped up with our family Doc proclaiming that K is free of H1N1, and with Hubby and I talking on Skype again. =D He was back early tonight and I praise God coz it means more rest for him. Kae woke up at one pt to visit the loo and was so happy to speak to his Daddy for 5 mins or so. All grins on that little face. Ian bought him a Hot Wheels VCD set and car, 2 Wii games and I got him 2 books. We're not giving em all in one shot though. Lol.

Gonna go zzz now. Kae will be on MC up to Tuesday! =) Gonna enjoy the weekend with Kae and refining my lesson plan for classes. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sermon 31/08/2008 - Pastor Lian (NCC)

What the Anointing Oil is & Prayer for the Anointing Oil

Vision Sunday 2013 - The Keys of David (06.01.13) by Pastor Joseph Prince, New Creation Church Singapore. SERMON NOTES