One more tear

Another Wednesday Class, another story.

My student wasn't being attentive in class today. Despite going through the words with her, she was able to get it wrong straight after my correction. After Class was dismissed, I sat her down for a chat.

The last time she told me her brother hits her a lot. This time it seems things are worse- he has been hitting her mum and grandfather too.

I feel sorry that she's got to deal with this at home, but reminded her that this has nothing to do with her decision not to pay attention in Class, that this should spur her to try harder at her work so she won't have to fear her brother. Also told her that her mummy works hard as a nurse and it must be hard to face the issues at home, that she has to try her best so her mum has one less worry.

Apparently she enjoys my Class so her mum allowed her to continue with it. Her mum rushes all over the place to make it happen.

Please keep my student and her family in your prayers. Thanks!

Comments

  1. I would be happy to give free tuition to kids like this. Only I am not sure I am any good at teaching. Probably end up yelling at them. : P

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sermon 31/08/2008 - Pastor Lian (NCC)

What the Anointing Oil is & Prayer for the Anointing Oil

Vision Sunday 2013 - The Keys of David (06.01.13) by Pastor Joseph Prince, New Creation Church Singapore. SERMON NOTES