The house is messy but the heart is not =)

From: Geraldine Tan <>
To: Ian Wee <>
Sent: Tuesday, 15 September 2009 10:51:01
Subject: The house is messy but the heart is not =)

Dearest YummyHubby,

I am so sorry our house never looks like a perfect show flat. (T.T) I try but maybe not hard enuf? Lol. There is a 7 year old with his Lego and drawings sprawled all over the house and I am a bookworm that has books everywhere too. Oh dear. Clutter throwing time!! =))

I am sorry it won't look like a grand hotel suite when you get back, but I can promise you lots of cuddles, warm food cooked with love and the sounds of laughter. =)

You know how far we've come?

This used to be me:

"If I were thinking clearly, Leonard, I would tell you that I wrestle alone in the dark, in the deep dark, and that only I can know. Only I can understand my condition. You live with the threat, you tell me you live with the threat of my extinction. Leonard, I live with it too." - Virginia Woolf to her husband in The Hours (yea that show hahaha)

Now this is me:

I love you Ian Wee and I praise God for you everyday. I praise God that I can wake up to you every morning and go to sleep by your side each night- even when you are not physically near by, I feel your heart beating in time with mine. I praise God that we have life and life more abundantly in Him, with Him... with each other as a couple, a family. I bask in the light of His glory with you and feel His SHALOM pulsating through our soul, His love surrounding us, His resurrection coursing through our blood. =)

I love you.... I no longer wrestle with powers that are only for Christ to wrestle with- that He already has and has already the victory. I understand WHOSE I am, WHO I am and I live with no threat (cept for the occasional frustration with dust bunnies).

Love and Shalom,

Geri =)

"This is love: not that we have loved God, but that He loved us and sent his Son to be the payment for our sins....No fear exists where His love is. Rather, perfect love gets rid of fear, because fear involves punishment. The person who lives in fear doesn't have perfect love."
- 1 John 4:10 & 18




==========================




from Ian Wee <>
to Geraldine Tan <>
date 16 September 2009 11:56
subject Re: The house is messy but the heart is not =)


Hey My Love,

I don't need a show flat. =)

I just want my beautiful wife and my wonderful son in our cozy, blessed home. =D

I thank the Lord for how far you've come. And I know you'll only grow from strength to strength through Christ.

And the home -- it will only get larger, and better, and more blessed as we grow in Him. He will bless us with abundance, and wealth, and prosperity. I know it for a fact. =)


love,
the Hubby


Dear Heart & me. =)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sermon 31/08/2008 - Pastor Lian (NCC)

What the Anointing Oil is & Prayer for the Anointing Oil

Vision Sunday 2013 - The Keys of David (06.01.13) by Pastor Joseph Prince, New Creation Church Singapore. SERMON NOTES