Updates from Carita Part 1

I have not been blogging much because I am in Indonesia and today is the first time I am able to properly blog on a computer with Wifi access.

Ian had been hospitalised a week ago because of Acute Tonsilitis. I heard the news on midnight Sunday and took a plane in the evening (earliest flight I could get) to join him by nightfall at the hospital he had been brought to - Rumah Sakit Krakatau Medika- which is in Cilegon, West Java. It was a 3 hour plus bumpy drive from the airport in Jakarta to the hospital. I was very calm throughout the call from Kah Hui. I know it can ONLY be the shalom peace, grace, contentment of Christ.

The hospital is an international hospital but reminds me of the now-defunct Toa Payoh Hospital. It is a single storey facility joined by walkways. Ian was housed in the "flamboyant" ward ie their first class ward. It was a simple set up and I only realised how "flamboyan" his ward was after checking out the rest of the hospital some days later. That'll come later.

When I arrived at the hospital, Ian looked really weak and tired. His fever was within the range of mid to high 39s and he had been suffering from the chills. It was good to be there with him because it must really suck to be overseas and be ill & I wanted to be there for him.

(I will continue blogging tomorrow as we are leaving the set office. Shoot day ends for now.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sermon 31/08/2008 - Pastor Lian (NCC)

What the Anointing Oil is & Prayer for the Anointing Oil

Vision Sunday 2013 - The Keys of David (06.01.13) by Pastor Joseph Prince, New Creation Church Singapore. SERMON NOTES