Grace is the key

"I sent you to harvest where you didn't plant; others had already done the work, and now you will get to gather the harvest." - Jesus to His disciples in Chapt 4:38

Reading that verse, I suddenly felt the HS inside me tell me - UNDESERVED FAVOUR. =)

I really praise God for this wonderful gift of GRACE through Christ Jesus. It means that today, it is not for me to labour to enjoy my life. What is needed of me is to have an attitude of Praise and Worship, and to receive His gift of Grace, knowing that it is ALL of Him and none of me.

I am wondering how to apply this in the way I teach Kae though. I am first to admit that it gets tough because on one hand, I dun wan to bark at him the way my parents did - "You better study HARD or else your exams how???" I have sadly said similar things in recent days as his exams draw nearer.

I want to tell him to rest, Daddy God has gone ahead and conquered it all for you. But then I am concerned he will take it to mean - just play, dun need to study. Lol.

So I've been reminding him to just study his best so that God can do wonders through him.

Hmmm... HS just taught me this as I was blogging... how to phrase it to him. Share with you:

"Kae, I am not saying if you don't study hard, that's it for you. I am saying you must do what you have to do in the natural and be responsible, and Daddy God will do the supernatural for you in every area of your life. I am not trying to be legalistic when I say you must study harder... I know it sounds like 'doing', but I am trying to tell you that this is your area of responsibility and you need to do your best to give glory to Christ so that His glory can shine through you. No matter what we love you and we are proud of you because we know you will always try your best. You are our beloved son and we are very blessed to have a little boy like you."

Don't you love Daddy God? He teaches you exactly what to say and when to say and how to say it. AMEN!

Gonna tell this to Kae when he wakes up from his sleep.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sermon 31/08/2008 - Pastor Lian (NCC)

What the Anointing Oil is & Prayer for the Anointing Oil

Vision Sunday 2013 - The Keys of David (06.01.13) by Pastor Joseph Prince, New Creation Church Singapore. SERMON NOTES