In Christ Alone

I'm not anti-Catholic. I'm pro-Christ. I don't hate Catholics. I just don't agree with the Vatican's doctrines.

I respect that Mary, like many of the apostles, are worthy of our respect for their loyalty to God's finished work in Christ. However, I do not agree that Mary's a co-redemptrix nor do I agree that she is the Queen of Heaven or the Mother of God. These titles given to Mary as well as her vatican declared appointment to these positions can't even be found in the bible. Neither did she remain a virgin after Christ She's had other kids. The vatican will have us think they are actually Jesus's apostles or cousins. I'll touch on that in my next post.

The only times the phrase Queen of Heaven is mentioned in Scriptures, it's not in a pretty way.

"The children gather wood, and the fathers kindle the fire, and the women knead their dough, to make cakes to the queen of heaven, and to pour out drink offerings unto other gods, that they may provoke me to anger." (Jeremiah 7:18).

"But since we left off to burn incense to the queen of heaven, and to pour out drink offerings unto her, we have wanted all things, and have been consumed by the sword and by the famine." (Jeremiah 44:18).

"Thus saith the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel, saying; Ye and your wives have both spoken with your mouths, and fulfilled with your hand, saying, We will surely perform our vows that we have vowed, to burn incense to the queen of heaven, and to pour out drink offerings unto her: ye will surely accomplish your vows, and surely perform your vows. Therefore hear ye the word of the LORD, all Judah that dwell in the land of Egypt; Behold, I have sworn by my great name, saith the LORD, that my name shall no more be named in the mouth of any man of Judah in all the land of Egypt, saying, The Lord GOD liveth. Behold, I will watch over them for evil, and not for good: and all the men of Judah that are in the land of Egypt shall be consumed by the sword and by the famine, until there be an end of them. Yet a small number that escape the sword shall return out of the land of Egypt into the land of Judah, and all the remnant of Judah, that are gone into the land of Egypt to sojourn there, shall know whose words shall stand, mine, or theirs." (Jeremiah 44:25-28).

Have you seen the music dedicated to Mary?

Hail Queen of Heaven, the Ocean Star, Regina Coeli... Just two of many Marian Hymns calling her that.

The songs suggest that Jesus needs reminding of His finished work- that's not glorifying Christ at all. He needs no reminder. The only ones who need reminding are us.

Jesus has also told us that He is that one mediator between God and man. He never asked us to pray through Mary. She is not a mediator. In fact there isn't any mention of her beyond the gospels. If she were as important as the vatican has raised her up to be, why is there nothing about her? Even Peter, whom the vatican claims the church is built on, said nothing about her. The apostles only declared one thing-

"For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus; Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time." (1 Timothy 2:5-6).
 
"And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance." (Hebrews 9:15).

"And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel." (Hebrews 12:24).

In the words of Christ-

"And in that day ye shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you. Hitherto have ye asked nothing in my name: ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full. These things have I spoken unto you in proverbs: but the time cometh, when I shall no more speak unto you in proverbs, but I shall shew you plainly of the Father. At that day ye shall ASK IN MY NAME: and I say not unto you, that I will pray the Father for you: For the Father himself loveth you, because ye have loved me, and have believed that I came out from God." (John 16:23-27). Jesus is not saying He won't pray for us, but explaining that it is done. When we ask in His name, we receive. But if we don't, it's simply because what we pray for is not in line with His desire to bless with blessings that bring with them no sorrow, or to give us life and life more abundantly... A life that overflows... through Christ's finished work on the Cross. He did not say, I'm almost done or, I finished most of it but the rest is up to you. He said very clearly, it is finished. The curses are done for through Him, the broken are made whole, the sick are healed, the lack is now plenty... All because He has declared His work of redemption complete. And we have the authority in Him, to speak blessings and victory over every area of our lives today!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sermon 31/08/2008 - Pastor Lian (NCC)

What the Anointing Oil is & Prayer for the Anointing Oil

Vision Sunday 2013 - The Keys of David (06.01.13) by Pastor Joseph Prince, New Creation Church Singapore. SERMON NOTES