An exercise in standing on the Joy of the LORD. =)

Saturday seems to be streaking by too fast- like Flash on a double shot of expresso. I have 2 concept papers to write for 2 drama series, a kid to tutor before his impending exams, and it doesn't help my "Da Yi Ma" has chosen this time to visit me. I have a throbbing headache and feel so lethargic. And the hubby and I had a little talk about teaching the kid bike riding. =p

Outside, the weather is the complete opposite of my slate grey mood- clear blue skies, golden sunshine...

Today is what we all know as "one of those days". Some people call it being "under the weather".

On such days, I just want to metaphorically throw myself on the floor like a tired, little kid and whine and kick up a fuss. On such days I feel I can't manage a smile because it feels hard.

And you know this is the best time to actually give praises to Daddy God! =)

"Siao ah (Are you nuts?)! What is there to praise God for lor?"

Well, everything! The fact that I have 2 concept papers to write, a kid to tutor, a husband to walk this journey with, a perfect laundry weather- hey, weren't these the same things I griped about earlier?

You see, you don't need to look hard to find things to praise God for- you just need to go ahead and praise Him and you'll see them- plain as day. But usually it is the unpleasant things in life that try to steal the limelight with their brash, rude and painful characteristics.

It is when you are down that you need to offer up a sacrifice of praise. As you praise Him, as you sing that praise and worship song, He reminds you of all the goodness in your life outside of your problems. He shows you the true nature of your problems - that it is this really super, duper, teeny, weeny little issue versus the HUGE, GIGANTUM OBSTACLE it looked like from the wrong perspective. As you praise, perhaps a little begrudgingly at first if you are being a grumpy smurf, your heart fills with helium-like lightness. It fills with joy and folks, if you don't know this by now, remember it well - the joy of the LORD is your strength!

Precisely when we are weak, that we praise that He is strong and He is strong for us. We rejoice in our weakness because as we rejoice we become stronger- not by our might, or our strength, but by His Spirit!

Yes, as I blog I can see the grey clouds lift a little and still a little bit more and more and more! =)

Sure, I have writer's block right now but I fear not for I have the mind of Christ and the Holy Spirit is my inspiration. I have a creative Daddy in Heaven and I have His creative genes! =D

Gonna just let go for a moment and let Him instruct me. See you all later. I am heading downstairs to watch the kid learn cycling and bringing some beverages to the hubby and him. No point sulking in my room like the girl with a little curl in the middle of her forehead. No bah humbugs for me. =)

Christ is my all in all, so I am more than abundantly prosperous in every area of my life.

WOOHOO! =D

I have praised myself happy. Daddy God is an awesome God! =D

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sermon 31/08/2008 - Pastor Lian (NCC)

What the Anointing Oil is & Prayer for the Anointing Oil

Vision Sunday 2013 - The Keys of David (06.01.13) by Pastor Joseph Prince, New Creation Church Singapore. SERMON NOTES