Once more seeing His truth in the Mandarin language

I was looking at my blog today when the Mandarin deciphered box showed this word- 忿, or anger. It sparked my curiosity once more to look at my Mother tongue to know my LORD and King better.

I find it interesting that the word for "anger 忿" in mandarin is made of the two elements that are “divided 分” and “heart 心”.

Do you notice how when you are angry your heart feels kinda messy? Like it's here but not exactly here, there but not exactly there either. For eg. You had a bad day at work and you get home. The kid is rambling excitedly about his day in school. You're mulling over work problems and his very loud and excited chatter gets on your already frayed nerves, so you scold the child and then you regret almost instantly.

A person who is angry is not focused on the love of Daddy God. One is focused on his/her problems and as a result he/she is stuck in the past whilst living out the moment. He/she is neither focused on the victory ahead, or the present and how one can make a change to the future still by living out the present to the best of his/her abilities.

This inability to let go and let God, and live out the now without regretting yesterday nor worrying about tomorrow causes more problems to surface.

That is why the bible tells us to be single minded.

When we are split in our thinking we can't have faith too. Our mind is divided between faith and the temptation to doubt - esp when things do not seem to get better.

Let's look at another word that is the antithesis of anger, which imho is peace.

The word for peace (安静) is formed of two "pictures". The first, 安, is the pictograph of a kneeling woman (女) under a roof. The second, 静, is the pictograph of two elements that, according to zhongwen.com, are basically to think vividly and pull at the truth. =)

When we are faced with circumstances that are upsetting, the best thing to do is to go into a room to spend some quiet time with the LORD (to abide in Him), and to think vividly about His goodness, and to pull at His truth (seek His Word). =D

Another word similar to peace is calm or 沉静. The second word is the same as the second half of the word above, so let's look at the first word. 沉 is formed with the water 水 element and means to be submerged. When we are calm, we are submerged in the Holy Spirit (which is biblicaly represented by water). So to be calm is to be submerged in the Holy Spirit and to think vividly about His goodness, and to pull at His truth. =)

Over the recent months I've looked back at my responses to certain events in my life and realised that I've started to react differently to things. In comparison to a K-drama emo-mama reaction, I've become calmer. My boat rocks still, but I am not turning blue from motion sickness. And it's all because I know Christ is my all in all. Now, established on His unconditional love for me, I have no more fear or anxiety. I know I can trust in His perfect time, His perfect happening, and His perfect plan for me. I know, even when I feel alone, that I am not. I know, even when I am down, that I am in the midst of the storm, but that the path of the righteous can only get brighter and brighter unto the perfect day. ^.^

I no longer focus on things I want but on Him, as my provider. And it is when I focus on Christ, my provider, that everything falls into place. This has happened time and time again. Every time when things are harder than usual, I lean on Him and it all works out fine.

Perhaps it is revealing when we look at the Mandarin word for anxiety- 急. The word is formed of two elements heart and attain. Now when our heart is on attaining things all the time, we tend to feel anxious and stressed out.

Thus, it is crucial to be peaceful. This can be represented by another word 平. It is formed of the elements exhale and separate. Pastor Prince has told us that grace is represented by the Hebrew word "Heh" which is like when you exhale. When we exhale, we let go and let Grace take control, we abide and stay set apart in Him.

Isn't it interesting how all the words mentioned here, in the Mandarin language and that are related to peace and being calm, all point back to the Cross, to Christ? =D

Shalom! Have a blessed week ahead!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sermon 31/08/2008 - Pastor Lian (NCC)

What the Anointing Oil is & Prayer for the Anointing Oil

Vision Sunday 2013 - The Keys of David (06.01.13) by Pastor Joseph Prince, New Creation Church Singapore. SERMON NOTES