I was an Origami gone wrong

Someone on Stan's blog asked me: hungribunniI don't know you. Can you give me some examples how you are transformed so that I can better understand grace?"

So I began.

And I guess the background story was so long, painful (dark past? -check!) and detailed he waved the white flag and said my case was "too complicated to work on".

Which led me to thank Jesus. Serious. If you hear people tell you what a hopeless case you were, you'd feel the way I do - simply darn grateful. I was like this origami gone wrong - you know the origami crane that flaps its wings when you pull the tail? I always couldn't get it right and well, I was like one of my cranes - I couldn't fly. Thank God for Jesus. He is the master origami expert when it comes to a complicated soul.

I replied to the dude-

Thank God then that Jesus worked on me lol. Any normal person would have given up and written me off as a lost case.

You have no idea the knots He untangled to get here where I am today. =)

I am now married happily to a guy who loves me regardless of my past, and whose family loves and accepts both my son and I with all their hearts.

I am wonderfully provided for because Christ is my perfect provision and hubby and I marvel at all the goodness in our lives because He is our all in all.

My mum and I have a great relationship. My parents and I have gone closer and my aunt recently commented on how much I have changed and matured as I walk in the grace of Jesus.

My parents were once upset, though not against, my being Christian and are now growing in their walk with Christ because of the victories they are witnessing in my life through Jesus and Jesus alone.

I have lost some old friends because they liked me angsty and dark. But God has blessed me with friends who share the same faith walk and none of them dare to believe or can imagine what I used to be.

I am known to be a "kai xin guo" (happy fruit... mandarin saying) and a very joyful person who always believes God is good all the time, and that it is not I who lives but Christ who lives in me.

I am no longer hungry spiritually all the time but very well fed - not just by my church- but through quiet times and other reading materials and reflections in my life.

Because there was so much sin abounding my life, grace super abounded... I was just beginning to show you what was wrong, then how I walked in law, and how I walked out in grace and conquered the old me =D

All in Christ and in Christ ALONE. =)

Comments

  1. Amen, Daughter of Sarah. I love you. =)

    I can see how far you've come, and what a butterfly you've become. And I feel so blessed to have you as my wife. =)

    As the future approaches, I know the struggles are gone forever, and His yoke on us is light, because He has overcome the world, and already given us the victory. Amen. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. AMEN AMEN AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    HUGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Thanks my Precious Blessing for commenting!!!!!!!!!! Wow. Thanks for finding time to read my blog despite being so very busy.

    I MISS U SO MUCH SO SO MUCH. Sitting in my room crying tonight because i feel like a little girl again hahaha... this Sunday's service song called "Footprints in the Sand" really had very powerful lyrics. I feel like a little girl who is dancing in her Daddy's arms and feeling mighty protected. I always feel so moved by His love for us. Blogging about that tonight actually.

    Dear Heart, indeed how far we have come these last couple of years and I am so glad He has blessed me with you as my journeyman.

    I see his handprints, footprints all over our lives - seperately before we dated, and together as a couple. And I cannot deny His love for me ever.

    He is our awesome God and I can't wait for you to come home so we can fellowship and praise Him together. MUACKS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen, Dear. Looking forward to fellowship with you again soon. =)

    Love you so very much. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen, Dear. Looking forward to fellowship with you again soon. =)

    Love you so very much. =)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sermon 31/08/2008 - Pastor Lian (NCC)

What the Anointing Oil is & Prayer for the Anointing Oil

Vision Sunday 2013 - The Keys of David (06.01.13) by Pastor Joseph Prince, New Creation Church Singapore. SERMON NOTES