Finally I am blogging about the 500k issue too but pls no warzone in my comments page

Whilst I praised God when I found out about the amount Pastor Prince is being paid, I was also filled with this sian-ness because of the approaching tsunami of criticisms.

I am just feeling a bit sian because my SIL's SIL and I had to, of all things, end up talking about this. She cannot agree that a pastor get paid that much as it could have been put to better use for the ministry. This despite telling her that it is not like he hoardes it. He is a good steward, giving more than his annual pay to the building project, tithing faithfully and being more than generous because to him, the money is not important. He does sow to the ministry of the LORD's kingdom at the end of the day. More than many of us can.

I told her he had asked the council not to pay him for years now, and she said that is not what the papers say. I do recall that they did mention it, but this is another eg of how ppl choose to recall the bad, not the good.

I was even more frust when she said there is this other church who is growing fast and doesn't get flak like ur church. She was referring to City harvest. I dun wan to judge but I cannot agree with China Wine by Sun Ho nor the stuff being preached at the pulpit by Rev Kong Hee. So since I dun agree, I dun attend their church. Similarly, my feeling is if you don't agree with NCC, just don't attend our church, but there is no need to judge our ability to judge and discern or our leadership's accountability or our Pastor's sermon because of rumours and hearsay.

I wanted to tell her that she is attending a church that my friend went and was heavily judged at for her tattoos and her public persona. The experience sort of scared her off going to church altho' she has, over the last few months, grown to have a huge heart and love for Jesus.

Regardless of our church's size and newsmaking abilities, we need to go back and review our hearts- what are we accomplishing by in-fighting amongst Christians??? Who is being edified?

Paul has made it clear not to fight amongst ourselves, and that instead of judging it is better to pray for the person that we feel is in the wrong. But are we???

When will Christians stop nitpicking on Christians and trust God to do His job? I am sure had NCC been in the wrong, it would have been brought to light but after audit, the church books were declared clean. And the church has been more than accountable to their members. Yet people on the outside still look for loopholes simply because they believe that all this is too good to be true. Or perhaps they dislike our pastor's hairstyle, clothings and surname.

I wonder what Apostle Paul would say if he were around in our times... =D Grins. I recall the way he flew at Peter for refusing to dine with the Gentiles. Such passion and fervour to stand up for the truth and what is right. I am not saying Paul would not have rebuked PP or NCC, but I am keen to hear what he has to say. I am keen to hear what Jesus has to say and to see the reaction of everyone when we are in heaven when he says his piece on NCC.

Is it written in stone that church pastors are supposed to pay pittance because they are serving God? Or is this some weird mindset we have accumulated through the years sparked by some green-eyed monster? That is something I am wondering about.

I feel that if PP had hoarded the cash, used it in a way that did not bring glory to God or was a bad steward, then ya we should pray for him and rebuke him.

I cannot help but feel sorry that he was being "stoned" by all sorts of criticism for a decision that was not his own. PP did say he has registered his disappointment with the church council for insisting on paying him despite his repeated requests and demands over the half a decade or more to stop drawing a pay. At today's pre-sermon sharing, he was very open about how he felt when the news broke as well as how it has affected his family. He even joked about moving to preach overseas but stated clearly that his place is here.

Despite the distraction posed by the destroyer himself, PP managed to keep His eyes on Jesus- I tell you, the actual sermon was so powerful and there was so much revelation in there. As he preached and glorified Jesus and His finished work, I assure you all of us there were united in one thought - Praise God for a Pastor with such a heart for Jesus and His believers. And the other thing we were unified in? $500k is nothing compared to the lives saved, the hearts transformed by what is being preached on that pulpit. And best of all, he doesn't even keep that money to himself but gives it back to His glory.

Just gonna let Jesus be our advocate.

Comments

  1. hi! yes i'm from ncc too, and was in the 3rd service. i think ps was touched at our show of support! we have been blessed by him, if others don't understand...erm...too bad la. haha.

    be blessed sister! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. AMEN! I agree that it is too bad that people would choose to listen to hearsay than what this anointed preacher has to say.
    Shalom!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sermon 31/08/2008 - Pastor Lian (NCC)

What the Anointing Oil is & Prayer for the Anointing Oil

Vision Sunday 2013 - The Keys of David (06.01.13) by Pastor Joseph Prince, New Creation Church Singapore. SERMON NOTES