Sleep, God's promises of Good Rest and Missing the Hubby dearest.

" I'll refresh tired bodies, I'll restore tired souls.

Just then I woke up and looked around - what a pleasant and satisfying sleep."

- Jer 31:25,26 (MSG)

When the hubby is not around, I tend to find it harder to sleep. =) Perhaps it is the comfort I have hearing him breathe beside me, or feeling a warm body in the air-conditioned room.

I just miss him.

I miss the smell of his hair, the sound of his laughter whilst watching "How I Met Your Mother", his bringing me water to drink @ night, taking communion together, and the list just keeps going on and on and on.

Thank goodness though that my restfulness is dependent on God and His promises for me.

So the quality of my sleep is great in Christ; altho' I find it hard to fall asleep, when I do sleep, I sleep well.

I cannot wait for the hubby to come home though. =) Just a week odd more to go before he gets home from the States. Yipee! No more difficult 15 hr time difference to make sense of. =D

Just want to share his bday email to me here. I melt everytime I read it. I love him so so much. =D :

Hey Dear,

Happy Birthday my sweet, precious blessing! =)

We're abt a day behind here, so it was quite confusing trying to figure out when your birthday actually occurred. =P

I'm sorry I can't be there, my love. I really wanted to be, and I look forward to our joint celebration with my parents on May 1st. =)

The longer I'm in Vegas, the more I miss you, my love. Vegas seems to be so empty, so hollow. Both in terms of the relative lack of crowds, and in terms of the people themselves. They seem empty, driven only by the day-to-day necessity of living, but they don't seem to be living for anything. They seem to be looking for their reason, but haven't found it. Only Christ can fill that void.

It reminds me of one of the chapters in the Reinhard Bonnke book, where he saw people in the nightclub. They seemed wild at first, but he could see that they were empty, and hungry.

Thank God that I have Christ, the Holy Spirit, you and Kae. You and Kae make living so warm and worthwhile. =)

Kae -- I promised to write to you through Mummy, and I have. =) I love you very much, Baby Bear. You are very precious and dear to me, and I miss hugging you and holding you and carrying you. I miss patting you to sleep. =)

Remember always that the Lord is with you, and He blesses you, and lifts you up to victory every day, and in every way. =)

I will try to find an opportunity to email you at your personal email address, so you can check it. I'll let Mummy know when I email you, so you know when to check. =)

Dear -- I miss you very, very much. I've sent off some San Francisco postcards, so I hope you guys get them soon.

I've got to head off for lunch now, but know that you too are always in my thoughts, and I look forward to holding you both again soon. =)

HAPPY BLESSED BIRTHDAY, MY BELOVED WIFE GERI!!! =)


love,
your Hubby

Comments

  1. :D *melt*

    Almost there Geri Beari... *huggg* :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! Thanks Dancing Queen. =) My hub seldom writes to me but when he does - SWOON! =D

    And the guys all say "SPOIL MARKET!" Lol! Kidding! =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love you, Dear... I'll be bring you water as soon as I can. =P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grins. Make that a gallon of Atas Water =D

    Kidding. Tease. tease.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sermon 31/08/2008 - Pastor Lian (NCC)

What the Anointing Oil is & Prayer for the Anointing Oil

Vision Sunday 2013 - The Keys of David (06.01.13) by Pastor Joseph Prince, New Creation Church Singapore. SERMON NOTES