Led to read Isaiah 57:15 - 19 (MSG) -- out of our LORD's own mouth... who can deny?? =D

For this is what the high and lofty One says—
he who lives forever, whose name is holy:
"I live in a high and holy place,
but also with him who is contrite and lowly in spirit,
to revive the spirit of the lowly
and to revive the heart of the contrite.

16 I will not accuse forever,
nor will I always be angry,
for then the spirit of man would grow faint before me—
the breath of man that I have created.

17 I was enraged by his sinful greed;
I punished him, and hid my face in anger,
yet he kept on in his willful ways.

18 I have seen his ways, but I will heal him;
I will guide him and restore comfort to him,

19 creating praise on the lips of the mourners in Israel.
Peace, peace, to those far and near,"
says the LORD. "And I will heal them."

Note:

Please note: The Word "Peace" mentioned here, I've checked the original Hebrew Scriptures, is indeed "Shalom".


Definition of Shalom again from Hebrew Lexicon:

safe, i.e. (figuratively) well, happy, friendly; also (abstractly) welfare, i.e. health, prosperity, peace.

Note also that the word "Heal" in the orig Hebrew is Rapha over here.

The definition of Rapha in the Lexicon is as follows:

to mend (by stitching), i.e. (figuratively) to cure -- cure, (cause to) heal, physician, repair, thoroughly, make whole.

Reflection:

Praise God! God doesn't do a half past six job when He dishes out His forgivenes, His mercy, His love, His healing, His blessings, His grace, His everything to us - He does it thorougly. AMEN? =D

FURTHER Reflection (juz coz I am so lor sor - local speak for longwinded):


This is the FULL Hebrew meaning of the above passage derived from use of Lexicon and reference to the orig Hebrew text of the Scriptures. Also referred to English dictionary to help illuminate some English words used in the english translations of the bible. =p Took a while but I tell you, as I was researching and typing this out, I felt so blessed, so overjoyed, so WOW-ed by what God has to say and what He has ALREADY said He has done (and He has... amen He has!!) =D

To avoid indigestion, if reading it in one sitting blows you away and requires a lot of chewing and swallowing... you might one to read one verse at a time. I know I have a LOT of chewing to do right now. Lol. Happy reading!! Happy walking in the light of His blessings! Woohoo!


v15 - Thus say the High and Lofty One Who permanently abides in perpetuity, Whose character and fame is sacred and a sanctuary: I rest in the High and holy place, and also with him who is crushed, contrite, destroyed, depressed, humble and lowly in his life, his anger and his being.
To cause life and revive the rational being of the basest and to cause Life in the heart, the feelings, the will, the intellect of those who are oppressed, crushed, bruised, broken in spirit, destroyed, crumbled, humbled.

v 16 - For I will not hold a controversy (contend - to struggle in opposition, to strive in rivalry and debate) past the future, through time we cannot imagine (out of mind) ie. eternity. Neither is My goal, i.e. the bright object at a distance travelled towards, my continual confidence be in My Anger. For the rational being will languish, be shrouded (interestingly here they also mention being shroud - and shroud/veil has to do with Legalism. Definition of shroud: to dress for the grave, to veil - according to Eng dictionary), overcome, fail and grow feebler in the face of My Divinity, and the divine inspiration & intellect that I make.

v17- For I am displeased with the perversity,moral evil, fault and mischief of his unjust or dishonest gain and I struck him by concealing myself so I appear absent and in secret out of my anger. And he continued to backslide and turn away, in an apostate and idolatrous manner, on the course of life or mode of action that is his will, not mine.

v18 - I have surely viewed his road - the course and mode he has taken. And still I will heal, thoroughly make whole, cure and stitch him up. I will also bestow, guide and transport him into My Shalam which is my safety in mind, body and estate and also my comfort, solace and consolation and to those who lament for him.

v19- I will create, cut down a wood (Geri: really, it literally says that in the lexicon! Picture of Jesus anyone????), create and make fat the fruit or produce of the lips or your margin. "Shalom, Shalom - double blessings of My safety, wholeness, welfare, health, prosperity, peace- to him who is far of in place, time or kindred; and to him who is near in place, time or kindred,"says, with great latitude, Yehovah/ Yahweh - the self-existent and Eternal one. " And I will cure him, cause healing to take place in him, physician him, repair him, thoroughly make him whole, and stitch him up.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sermon 31/08/2008 - Pastor Lian (NCC)

What the Anointing Oil is & Prayer for the Anointing Oil

Vision Sunday 2013 - The Keys of David (06.01.13) by Pastor Joseph Prince, New Creation Church Singapore. SERMON NOTES