Sometimes I get emotional =D

I think had I watched A WALK TO REMEMBER then, this song would have been my stargazing-karaoke-session's anthem held at my bedroom window every night as a teenager.



There's a song that's inside of my soul
It's the one that I've tried to write over and over again
I'm awake in the infinite cold
But You sing to me over and over and over again

So I lay my head back down
And I lift my hands
and pray to be only Yours
I pray to be only Yours
I know now you're my only hope

Sing to me the song of the stars
Of Your galaxy dancing and laughing
and laughing again
When it feels like my dreams are so far
Sing to me of the plans that You have for me over again

So I lay my head back down
And I lift my hands and pray
To be only yours
I pray to be only yours
I know now you're my only hope

I give You my destiny
I'm giving You all of me
I want Your symphony
Singing in all that I am
At the top of my lungs I'm giving it back

So I lay my head back down
And I lift my hands and pray
To be only yours
I pray to be only yours
I pray to be only yours
I know now you're my only hope


You know giving my testimony on Stan's blog has awaken in me again so much gratefulness to God. I've always been grateful but I felt even more awashed with sheer amazement at how much He loves me. I was what people call a "Habis Gone Case". Super unloveable. I was truly broken and truly lost but He came through time and time again for me. Tearing like a fountain as I write. Lol.

I know some people say that Christians are a deluded bunch. But I do see His footprints in the sand each step of the way and He has ALWAYS ALWAYS been there. Whether I acknowledged His presence or not, He has always been there... and He has carried me so many times before.

Trust me when I say I used to be so world weary and homesick for Jesus. At many points in life, I was so close to just giving up, but He always cheered me on one step at a time and as I pushed ahead, slowly but surely with Him walking ahead to make sure things will be a-okay, I got here.

There is still a journey to go but when I look back, I can truly celebrate the victories I have in Him over my past.

And since He is the same yesterday, today and forever, I know my Best Friend is still cheering me (and my hubby and my son) on and walking ahead of us to make straight our paths first. I am so thankful that He is my future, He is my joy, He is my victory. Thank you Jesus!



P/S: Did anyone notice that the credits the church flashed on the screen afterward listed SIMON COWELL as one of the people behind the song?!?!?! =) Praise God.

PP/S: It was so good to finally meet familiar blog faces today in the flesh. Hi to Jim and Winnie! So incredibly moved that you guys came up to say hello and to give me your encouragement. HUGS! Hope to meet Peggy and Daisy someday too =D It's awesome to see the way Jesus brings us together to encourage each other on and be love letters of His to each other. =) SHALOM!

Comments

  1. Hi Geri... so blessed to know that Jesus bring all His beloved together so that we can fellowship in His Love n His Grace. During times when we need words of encouragement and sometimes even just to have a meeting that is not pre-planned n yet feel that we know each other for so long really warm our hearts. My life, my marriage n my family had been joined together in such a way that Christ is the centre, the foundation and the focus of us all...the past is a page that had already been read but the future for us are like pages that we are reading n reading as the blessing kept flowing into our life and letting us know that He is our God n He gives us His best...Jim, Winnie n Keane who are all God-beloved... Shalom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope the worship team will sing the Leona Lewis song after service some day... *melt*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jim and Winnie!

    I totally agree with U! That is the same way my marriage and my family is founded on - Christ. And the past is the past, stays the past... and the future is just this AMAZING journey with Jesus. Everyday is a new revelation of His love, His grace and His power coursing through our lives.

    It is like the quote in Ephesians - we are a three cord rope. Hence the title of my blog =D

    When we weave Christ into our lives - every area - we are strengthened, we will not break. =D As for me and my house, we will serve the LORD. Amen?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Andrea!

    They did! They sang it today at 3rd service, and I was all blubbery salt water for a bit. =D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Coincidentally, I borrowed this DVD from Dad v recently. Still blubber even tho' I've watched the movie before. Mandy Moore was great in this role.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sermon 31/08/2008 - Pastor Lian (NCC)

What the Anointing Oil is & Prayer for the Anointing Oil

Vision Sunday 2013 - The Keys of David (06.01.13) by Pastor Joseph Prince, New Creation Church Singapore. SERMON NOTES