Live Assured not Ashamed

Many Christians receive the gift of salvation where they confess Christ has paid for their sins, but they've not received the gift of Christ as the bearer of their shame and guilt.

It explains why many Christians, though freed from the law, are still trying to earn brownie points to enter heaven- although they have already been promised it. And God doesn't lie!

It explains also why many born-again Christians live a life of defeat, a life of seeking victory- not a life FROM victory. They're born-again, new creations bound for eternal glory... But they're still angry, still hurt, still bitter, still insecure. Christ died to take away our sin AND shame, not just our sin or our shame. It's a finished work.

We can't finish what's already finished. We can't perfect His perfect work. We can only receive and surrender- it's not I who lives but Christ who lives in me.

We need to learn to walk out this new identity we have in our lives. New wine cannot be stored in old wine skin. Life and grace cannot be lived out in our old person.

Comments

  1. Amen! I know of someone who attends a traditional church. She was brought up in a convent in East Malaysia. When I showed her a sermon from a charismatic church that was in that church's website, the pastor came to the part about how Jesus has done it all for us. She immediately said, "Yes, but we have to earn it.". I wonder how many others are like her out there.

    As she does not have a computer, I have been printing out the online NCC Daily Devotional for her and I pass them to her as and when she and I meet up. I can see a slow change in her and I am so happy that the Lord is opening up her eyes.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sermon 31/08/2008 - Pastor Lian (NCC)

What the Anointing Oil is & Prayer for the Anointing Oil

Vision Sunday 2013 - The Keys of David (06.01.13) by Pastor Joseph Prince, New Creation Church Singapore. SERMON NOTES