Some times we struggle to understand, so we rest in Him.

Some days I feel incredibly human. I feel the gamut of emotions arising in me, and then when I am alone in my room, I rest my head on His bosom and sigh and say "Jesus, it is all so confusing sometimes."

Then a part of me thinks I heard Him say - "Focus not on what is happening around you but on what matters, Me. Let the dead bury the dead, you follow Me." And you know, He says it with a twinkle in His eyes and a smile.

The world is a confusing place and when I take my eyes off Him, even for a split second, I feel the waves come swooshing towards me. The waves come in the form of media reports, things "other people" say, circumstances that are more trying than normal, etc.

It is hard to discern what is your human thoughts on something, and what you should REALLY be thinking about it as a new creation in Christ Jesus.

I guess we have different anointings to understand different things and to reach out to different groups of people in our very diverse world. We have different gifts too and some people will like us, some won't - no such thing as pleasing everyone. We just have to walk our walk regardless and soldier on even if barbed remarks fly our way.

Like a child, I sit at His feet and say, "Daddy I now know I truly know nothing compared to what You know and You understand. I truly love so little compared to the way You're able to love us - unconditionally."

There are days I feel so shallow when I observe the bottomless depth of His love for us. =)

You are an awesome God. I am truly blessed to be Your child.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sermon 31/08/2008 - Pastor Lian (NCC)

What the Anointing Oil is & Prayer for the Anointing Oil

Vision Sunday 2013 - The Keys of David (06.01.13) by Pastor Joseph Prince, New Creation Church Singapore. SERMON NOTES