True kindness, a discussion - part two

TWO- More than pray, we need to be a constant presence and support. We cannot just "ring the bell and run away". If these people we reach out to have no idea about how to walk with Christ, we should walk at least some distance with them - teaching them to feed as you feed. =) A scenario to avoid IMHO is to tell them about Jesus, cause them to open up and then disappear from their lives because we've saved their soul already and should move to saving another soul, and another... it is not a quota game. Our sharing, our walking perhaps would do well to be kind if it becomes a fellowship. It doesn't mean that a soul saved does not encounter trials of doubt after being saved. A friend once read a sharing by a prominent Christian writer that faith and doubt can co-exist, and whether we are able to endure till our prayers are physically manifested into our lives from the spirit realm depends on whether we have more faith or doubt. A fellowship can encourage the growth of hope and of faith over time. These require careful "fertilizing, watering, weeding" of the soul. =) As gardeners, we can't just plant a seed and walk away. We need to tend to it, whilst acknowledging that only the Sun (SON) can cause it to take root and fluorish. =)

I recount an incident that I've heard about a lady who was approached by people for prayer. There was an open sharing and she had really opened up to these blessed ones who had so much love in their hearts. However, as one of them had left carkeys behind in a classroom and they were supposed to meet their leaders after their love walk (a pray for 10000 people walk), they had took her number and left her by her own... after she had already been reduced to tears by the sharing. The blessed ones had approached her as part of their church's love walk, and whilst I am sure they had plenty of love for the woman and I am sure Jesus knows just that, would she have felt loved at the end? Regardless of the final outcome, I'd like to believe a seed was sown during the sharings and that she had come to see a need to approach Jesus. To be fair, the blessed ones had tried to reach her via her phone number to no avail, but praise God we have the comfort of knowing Abba Daddy knows just how to reach out to her in His perfect time. =D

Now in my sharing I am not condemning the blessed ones, as they have realised on hindsight perhaps one should have stayed behind; and I also believe that God in His goodness and mercy will send someone to minister to her again, for our good shepherd never abandons any of his little lambs - but through reflection on the sharing, I cannot help but feel that as we do our own daily personal love walk, we should not just pray for someone and leave it at that, but after we pray and encourage someone to open up, we should follow up with a consistent presence.

THREE- What are our motives for doing a kind act? Are we doing it to show people that we are kind folk? Are we doing it to receive some form of public acknowledgement or to stroke our own egos? If we do not get paid a compliment, or receive acknowledgement for our kind deed, or worse still... we get paid back with unkindness or a cold shoulder, do we get upset?

I know some one who once admitted to my Aunt, "I don't know how you do it Pat, but I cannot do things simply out of love." When I heard that it saddened me a great deal. The person who said that is someone I love and care for very much and I felt sad that money had such a hold over the way she thinks, the way she thinks people thinks. I had a dream one night where she looked offended and she said, "I want to write my will now." And the connotation was that she wanted to write me out of it. That same day, another special person came to me and shared that she has some weird idea that I am after her money and said she doesnt want to leave a cent to me and wants to give it all to her siblings. I told this special person that I believe God is my provider and Jesus, my advocate in this matter. I feel deeply saddened that the person I love a lot thinks that way of me and I don't know where all these weird thoughts stem from. It is cutting but I still love her. I can't help it. I cannot love love her and I won't stop just because she thinks ill of me. The special person said that as long as he lives, he will not allow her to do such an unfair thing to me. We love her a lot lah no matter what she says or thinks or talks about us behind our backs.

Love and kindnes is about making a difference in someone's life because Jesus made a difference to your life by an ultimate sacrifice that He requires no payment for. Can you imagine receiving a bill that goes - one cross, 3 nails, one life - eternal debt?? No, instead we received a receipt that says - one cross, 3 nails, one life - eternal redemption and freedom. We are no longer slaves but free men in Jesus! =) So be cause we have been loved so much, forgiven so much, given abundantly, we love others, forgive others, give to others with that joy and desire to pass this love, freedom, these blessings on... hoping that the person will have that same desire and the people they help will too feel the same way and it ripples outwards for HIS GLORY! =)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sermon 31/08/2008 - Pastor Lian (NCC)

What the Anointing Oil is & Prayer for the Anointing Oil

Vision Sunday 2013 - The Keys of David (06.01.13) by Pastor Joseph Prince, New Creation Church Singapore. SERMON NOTES