I can't stop feeding myself!!!! ^.^"

Yes, yes, you read me right.

I eat-like-there-is-no-tomorrow on the Word of Christ =) I eat like I do when I stumble on a good sashimi buffet - whack ah! Mai tu liao! =D

The insatiable appetite began some 5 years ago when I stumbled out of Roman Catholicism to discover the Truth found in the Bible & I've not stopped eating my healthy diet of Psalms, Proverbs, Gospel, Epistles and a pinch of OT since then.

My favourite munch? Grace - the amazing grace of Christ Jesus.

What I find will cause Food Poisoning? Law, Condemnation and Guilt.

It is good to feed on the Word, but it is also important to feed on the right substance.

Mixing Law with Grace is not advisable... it will cause a spiritual tummyache. It's like consuming Hot Soup with Ice Cool Refreshing Water. =p The mix will cause your tummy to hurt and be confused.

Some victims of Spiritual Poisoning caused by over-consumption of a "Law & Grace Mix Salad" go around spewing hurt around because they were hurt by the wrong teachings. It is like a bad flu bug and can be transmitted like an air-borne virus - spreading anger, misunderstandings, grief, hatred, confusion and doubt.

Whilst Law helps one understand what is wrong with oneself, it is Grace that helps bring about the solution to those problems.

Law does not solve problems; it is like a most feared food critic that comes to tell you how good or bad your food is & condemn your restaurant to winding down, but it can't tell you how to better it. No cook is perfect after all, only the Maker Himself is. Cooking with the food critic hovering over you merely confuses and embitters you. It might even cause you to resolve never to stop cooking forever or to just become a passionless cook that churns mediocre stew out - just for the sake of churning something out.

In comparison, the Holy Spirit is like a Chef who has taken you in as an Apprentice. It comes to us with Grace-filled messages, encouragements from the covenants made by our Abba Father in the bible and whispers to us reciepes for finding joy, peace, love, freedom, security, healing, forgiveness and good fruits in our life. Cooking your life stew under its watchful eye, you know when to add the salt and how much, when to stir, when to turn the fire up and when to turn it down. It teaches you all things and as you cook, the stew just gets better and better.

Having spoken about food, this hungribunni is feeling a tad hungry. Happy munching my bizarre post as I hop along for a bite. =)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sermon 31/08/2008 - Pastor Lian (NCC)

What the Anointing Oil is & Prayer for the Anointing Oil

Vision Sunday 2013 - The Keys of David (06.01.13) by Pastor Joseph Prince, New Creation Church Singapore. SERMON NOTES