On Rainbows



Yesterday Pastor was sharing about His Israel trip experiences with us. Whilst they were in Israel taking church members on a guided tour in 2006, they were at the Mount of Beatitudes when there, in the sky, was a perfect rainbow surrounding the Sun.

This is like what we see in Revelations 10:1 -

"Then I saw another mighty angel coming down from heaven, wrapped in a cloud, with a rainbow over his head, and his face was like the sun, and his legs like pillars of fire..."

(BTW, Pastor mentioned that most of us have the misconception that it is just another angel, but it is the Angel of the LORD aka Jesus. Read several resource books to get confirmation and ya it is supposed to be Jesus not just one of the other angels under Him.)

Pastor's just come back from yet another Israel trip and his daughter, Jessica, who is two years older than Kae, went with him for the first time. And he told the people from our church who were on the tour with him, their experience 2 years ago at the Mount of Beatitudes. The next day, they were at Mount Hermon where he was preaching when he felt led by the Holy Spirit to look up at the sky. People naturally looked up with him too. As they were looking up the Sun was surrounded by a rainbow- AGAIN! They showed us the photos they took - 3 of them. And in the 3rd service, a miracle happened. These are still photos but the second one - and people around us and some of my friends told me they saw it - the Sun moved and appeared blinking in the second one! There were gasps all around and even Pastor and his other pastors were surprised!

Ian, Charm, Lydia and I didn't see it but many of my friends saw it. Credible and sane people thank you =)

So although I was ok about it, I felt sad that I was in a miraculous service and missed the miracle lol. After service, Lydia and I were in the Marina Square MUJI when Charm messaged me - there was a double rainbow over Suntec City Tower 4 where our church is!!! I rushed out to see if I could see it. I saw a little but very little as the buildings and foliage blocked most of it BUT Charm is going to send the photo to me later =D

Rainbows have a special significance to me...

In 2007, Pastor preached at the Indoor Stadium on New Year's Day that it would be a year of Double Blessings. As Ian and I travelled to Jurong, we saw TWO FULL RAINBOW ARCS against the Jurong sky and it lingered in the sky for more than half an hour. Rarely do rainbows stay in the sky that long. It was an amazing sight. People came out from shops and coffeeshops just to look and marvel at it. I know I have a pic of it in my Rio Vista com but it was a bit faint as I was using a lousy phone camera, but the people from the Straits Times printed this in the newspaper the next day. It was taken at the Turf Club near Jurong. This was my post on that day from my old blog:


For me, rainbows signify my God's blessings so seeing both just meant that God... my most beloved Heavenly Daddy... was showing a sign of double portion blessings!!

The other amazing thing about these rainbows were that they hung around for half an hour or more.

Most of the time, rainbows come and go quite fast or are just very partial.

2 fully arc-ed rainbows graced the sky on the evening of the first day of 2007 for more than half an hour.

Wow.

Daddy I hear You, I thank You and I praise You for Your immense love and blessings in my life. I am not worthy of them but thanks to Your love and that of Your precious son, Christ Jesus, I've been made whole and righteous and blessed with your Amazing Grace.

There is no doubt that God wants to bless you this year... He made that known by keeping those rainbows hanging up there in the sky for a mighty long time so no one would miss it.

If you did yesterday, you have not today coz I'm sharing that experience and promise with U.
May you be highly favoured and richly blessed this 2007!

(to be continued... going to see my Godsis off at the airport... I have some other amazing testimonies to follow. =D )

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sermon 31/08/2008 - Pastor Lian (NCC)

What the Anointing Oil is & Prayer for the Anointing Oil

Vision Sunday 2013 - The Keys of David (06.01.13) by Pastor Joseph Prince, New Creation Church Singapore. SERMON NOTES