Rainbow Connection =)

That's the rainbow that was over Suntec City Tower 4 that my friend took a pic of for me. Can you see the second rainbow above it? =)

Continuation of the rainbow entry I put on yesterday...

The Double Rainbow on New Year's Day was of great encouragement to Ian and I. He had proposed only a month earlier and we were trusting in God for provision for the wedding & for everyday of our lives. Also, I was starting a new job. That year we really did receive double blessings - I earned more money that a Uni Grad despite my O'level qualifications (I did go to college but my A'levels are 2 credits which are considered ok in UK but no go in SG where you need 3 credits. I got distinction for Lit and passed my Mandarin. I didn't finish my Poly because of Kae and red tape issues in school.) So really, it was God's blessings through and through. Ian was away a lot as well as he had a lot of overseas shoot and he was very blessed too.

Halfway through the year, my bosses and I disagreed over some terms I had set down before I had agreed to take the job. I had their verbal promise that I could come in on 1, 3, 5 and work from home on 2 and 4 but when their HR lady joined the company she was quite draconic. The office enviroment became a cold one from a warm, family-like one. The bosses took the cue from her and found arguments with my 2 and 4 days. I really put my all into that job working till 3am, 5am the next day before going home. I hit my deadlines and really tried my best. So when I kept being put down, I felt so super discouraged. That the wedding planning was half a year away and still unplanned stressed me out even more. One day, I felt led to step out of the office after feeling upset. I went outside for that badly needed breather when there in the sky was a double rainbow across the entire Clark Quay area ( -my office then faced it). I was incredibly moved as Abba was reminding me that I was provided for and that there is nos shadow of turning with Him when it comes to promises.

I still struggled and I asked Him one day if I should leave or stay. He was very kind - I felt Him telling me in my heart that His blessings endure whatever decision I make. If I stay, there are blessings. If I leave there are still blessings. Different ones that is all.

I left in the end. The company's TV section got better though and they got more help ( previously just 2 people). So I saw how if I had stayed I would have had double blessings there. BUT I don't regret leaving as leaving allowed me to plan for my wedding better and we saved a lot on the costs as I handmade many things and was able to make wiser choices. We also were doubly blessed for our wedding - we had more than enough to last us a few months and go on our dream Korean honeymoon even after paying for the dinners (we had 2!!). Daddy later flooded me with non-stop writing jobs after the wedding once we settled down well and proper in the new flat. Perfect timing as usual. =) The image of the double rainbow over Clark Quay never left my mind.

When I was 15, I was feeling incredibly depressed. I struggled with depression from around that age all the way till I was 22. (Wow... 7 years! I didn't realise that till I penned this down.)

So I was standing at my window and having a chat with Jesus when I suddenly blurted out, "Jesus are you even listening at all? If you are show me a sign!"

Just after that, my Mum called me to the kitchen to carry dinner dishes to the table. I then went back to my room to take something. As I reached my door I felt the tears gush to my eyes. There, perfectly framed by my bedroom windows, was a rainbow.

It hadn't rain that day nor did it look like it would rain, and even then rainbow sightings were rare- few and far between. So it amazed me that there was a rainbow.

I felt so reassured. I will never forget this rainbow either.

God has sent me so many rainbows to reassure me, so yes rainbows are super meaningful to me.

Floods represent judgement and rainbows represent grace.

I see His hand of Grace and tender mercies over each step of my life. He is so wonderful, so good, so amazing and just so loving.

Even in my darkest hours, I have never doubted Him. I think all the doubts I've ever had were doubts in myself.

His strength is perfect
When our strength is gone
He'll carry us when we can't carry on
Raised in His power the weak become strong
His strength is perfect
His strength is perfect.

He has never left my side, not even once. He has carried me on eagle's wings and it is true - when I am weak, He is strong for me. Thank you Abba Daddy, thank You Jesus, thank You Holy Spirit,

Comments

  1. I was so touched when I read this. It reminded me of a very hard decision that I once had to make in my life. The decision was whether or not I should stay in the city that I was in or move to another one. I was really going to miss the people in the city that I was in and I didn't want to leave, but I left anyway. I could hardly see as I was driving away from that old city with tears in my eyes and doubts as to if I was doing the right thing. Then I saw a rainbow, and it was in the direction of the new city that I was headed to. I felt my Daddy God reassuring me and letting me know that He is going to take care of me in the new city. And you know what? He has, and is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! I told my colleague about the sign in the 3rd service on 23 November 2008 and what you shared with me (in my blog) about the double rainbow over Suntec Tower 4. She usually attends the 2nd service. She told me that her hair stood on ends when I shared with her.

    I believe that our Abba Father is affirming what we are hearing. Let the naysayers go away for what they say will not hurt us.

    Take care and be blessed.

    Pebbles

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is amazing how God is always reassuring us and showing us such amazing grace through it all. =)

    Indeed, let the naysayers say what they say, we just keep on believing and speaking what we know are the LORD's promises over our lives!

    AMEN!

    Shalom to you Pebbles and say Hi to your friend for me =) God's love gives me goose bumps and wings too (not red bull lol)

    And yay Lisa! God is faithful and kind to us. May He continue to position you in places of great blessings and favour.

    God bless,
    Geri

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sermon 31/08/2008 - Pastor Lian (NCC)

What the Anointing Oil is & Prayer for the Anointing Oil

Vision Sunday 2013 - The Keys of David (06.01.13) by Pastor Joseph Prince, New Creation Church Singapore. SERMON NOTES