A favourite song...

I remember I was in the hospital fighting a double slipped disc and in agony when I first heard this song. It is from the soundtrack of the "Prince of Egypt". Tears sprung from my eyes as I heard the lyrics. I was 17 then... wow that was 11 years ago!

This song spoke to my heart and reminded me that even though the doctors and nurses said my swelling was so bad I could lose the s curve of my spine, that Christ is for me. Miracles are possible because I am in Him

I recovered fine and by His stripes, I have been completely healed. =)

This is still one of my favourite songs of all time from a cartoon...



Many nights we prayed, with no proof anyone could hear
In our hearts a hopeful song, we barely understood
Now we are not afraid, although we know there's much to fear
We were moving mountains long before we knew we could

There can be miracles, when you believe
Though hope is frail, it's hard to kill
Who knows what miracles, you can achieve,
When you believe, somehow you will
You will when you believe

In this time of fear, when prayer so often proves in vain
Hope seems like the summer birds, too swiftly flown away
Yet now I'm standing here, my heart so full I can't explain
Seeking faith and speaking words, I'd never thought I'd say

There can be miracles, when you believe (When you believe)
Though hope is frail, it's hard to kill
Who knows what miracles, you can achieve (You can achieve)
When you believe, somehow you will
You will when you believe

They don't always happen when you ask
And it's easy to give in to your fear
But when you're blinded by your pain
Can't see your way safe through the rain
A small but still resilient voice
Says help is very near

There can be miracles (miracles)
When you believe (When you believe)
Though hope is frail
It's hard to kill
Who knows what miracles
You can achieve (You can achieve)
When you believe


Somehow you will
You will when you believe
You will when you believe
You will when you believe
Just believe, just believe
You will when you believe


I love the Hebrew part.

If any one is intrested to know, it is from Exodus chapter 15:1 "Ashira le adonay ki ge'o ga'a" which means "I will sing unto the LORD, for he hath triumphed gloriously."

Amen... Hallelujah!

We are more than conquerors in Christ Jesus. =D No mountain too high I can't cross, no ocean too deep that He cannot carry me over... =)

Comments

  1. Amen! yes, it's a beautiful song with an even more beautiful lyrics.

    How true that we achieve through believe. Believe in the Son and His precious blood that has washed us white-ter than snow and that on that cross 2000 years ago, Jesus HAS borned all our diseases and transgressions and by His stripes WE ARE HEALED!

    Btw, i heard some of the Great is Your Mercy version on youtube and still think our Joy (NCC worship leader) sings it the best! ;p Thanking God too for anointed worship leaders in our church! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi. I just found your blog and absolutely LOVE the title/purpose of it. there are three in a marriage. well said.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Angie! AMEN! BTW - what is Great is Your Mercy version? =) Can send to me the link? Meet up soon ya? Maybe one of these weekends we can bring the kids out together =)

    Hi Mandy! Thanks for visiting my blog. =D Really glad to get to know another sister-in-Christ online. =D I used to think it was just 2 people working it out, but praise God that my hubby and I realise it is about 2 people going into a covenant with Christ to grace it out! =) Without knowing His unconditional love, grace and tender mercies in our lives, there'd be no way a couple will come to know how to show each other love. =) Love your blog too btw and may Abba Daddy use you mightily to touch hearts for Him with your voice. Shalom!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Geri,

    I love this song too!

    When I heard it at The Day of His Power gathering 3 years ago, I cried.

    It is when we are feeling so helpless and hopeless that we can open the door for miracles to be set in motion by simply believing in HIM.
    For with God, NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE .
    With HIM, it is HIM-possible !!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. AMEN Joo!

    Our God is an AWESOME God and a God of ALL THINGS POSSIBLE! =D

    I am so blessed that He loves me so much... and I rest upon His bosom knowing that I am in Him and He is in me (Holy Spirit)... and no evil can come near me anymore. HALLELUJAH!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! Yes, this is a very powerful song. The context is even more striking....

    Praise be to God!
    Romesh

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sermon 31/08/2008 - Pastor Lian (NCC)

What the Anointing Oil is & Prayer for the Anointing Oil

Vision Sunday 2013 - The Keys of David (06.01.13) by Pastor Joseph Prince, New Creation Church Singapore. SERMON NOTES