The Burden of Guilt

Everyone knows the story of Mike G - the pastor from Australia who came out to admit his cancer was a fraud.

I truly believe that his illness wasn't though- and when I mean illness, I mean spiritual illness. He even suffered real symptoms of his fake illness. I believe he was truly under spiritual attack because the devil knows how much he can do for Christ if he wasn't.

One thing struck me about his story though. I know it has been a while since the news, and hey that I blogged about it before but this was something I only just realised...

Read this first -

Mr Guglielmucci said his son finally confessed after the guilt of his lies and addiction became overwhelming. 

"He lived the two lives and he would get sick as a result of the guilt," he said. 

"He was feeling like he was letting God down, letting his family down, his church, his friends. 

"He's been living this for so long, feeling like he's had these two lives and now he's the one that's come out in the open. He confessed it, he didn't get caught. 

"To deal with the guilt he would pour himself into doing good work. He's touched the lives of young people all over the world. Now they are all affected by this.

Mike felt guilty. If you ask me, the root of his illness lies in guilt and condenation. Perhaps he was truly psychologically ill at first, but I feel it is the guilt and condemnation that got him. See how many times GUILT was mentioned in that brief extract?

When we operate out of an overflow of guilt, we cannot achieve what only the grace of Christ Jesus can achieve.  The guilt can only spill over into condemnation in the lives of others.

BUT we take comfort that were sin abounds, grace super abounds.

Mike G wherever he is, and his family, I believe will experience superabounding grace. We are in no place to judge but we can learn from this story how we need to tackle the root of all our problems - guilt and condemnation.

Note:

I disagree with his song Healer though. Jesus is not our healer. He is our health! When we still see him as healer, we are saying we need to still be healed. But when we understand ressurection life, we realise we are the healed. When we believe and receive that revelation, we will see it manifest in our lives. He is also not my Provider because HE IS MY PROVISION! In Christ I have everything so I fear nothing for what can man do to me? Daddy God, you are so awesome! Jesus rocks!

Note 2:

Notice how Mike G's guilt and condemnation issue spilt over into hi Dad causing guilt and condemation part 2? 

See-

"I've travelled the world asking people to pray for him. Can you imagine what a horrible thing it would be if I was playing a game? 

"To be honest, I ask myself as a father, 'What did I miss, what did I not do? What could I have done better?' "

Note 3: Now I understand why Jesus forgave people of their sins before He healed them. He had to get rid of the root of their problem. The G&C was causing the problems to become strongholds in their lives. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sermon 31/08/2008 - Pastor Lian (NCC)

What the Anointing Oil is & Prayer for the Anointing Oil

Vision Sunday 2013 - The Keys of David (06.01.13) by Pastor Joseph Prince, New Creation Church Singapore. SERMON NOTES