The Husband

I miss Ian. It's one thing hanging and chilling with friends. It's another spending time with the hubby. We can talk just about anything and enjoy even the silence of a comfortable companionship.

Silence around anyone else always feels painfully awkward to me, and reminds me of my more reclusive teen years. I was very much a loner sort. And that quality about me surfaces now and then.

Between curling up with a ton of books and hobknobbing with a ton of people, I prefer my books. Call me a big geek, but books have been my companions through a single child family childhood, an ostracised youth, an angsty and dark period.

And the book that is my favourite companion is the Bible. Only one friend is ever constant. He's my best friend in the universe, Jesus. :)

I don't have to worry about impressing anyone or meeting social expectations with Him. That's always so comfortable. Then the closest after that would be my husband. :) My bestest friend in the world.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sermon 31/08/2008 - Pastor Lian (NCC)

What the Anointing Oil is & Prayer for the Anointing Oil

Vision Sunday 2013 - The Keys of David (06.01.13) by Pastor Joseph Prince, New Creation Church Singapore. SERMON NOTES