Daily Lessons

I'm learning every day to throw every of my expectations of myself and others, and others' expectations of me to Jesus. They are not my load to bear and if I try to carry them, i'll just fall. I am a CMI (cannot make it) wheneveri operate on my own ego, thoughts, emotions, flesh.

Only one Man is PERFECT enough to lift them, strong enough to bear them for me- Christ.

I'm learning to let go. It's a process. I let go faster than before these days, but within me i do sometimes feel a stirring of self-effort trying to bubble up.

Sometimes certain anger, bitterness, sorrow or frustration must be let go like a hot potato- before it scalds you... Or even those around you. When I find it tough, i find that singing a praise and worship song helps. I sing until that frustration passes me by. There is power in praise and i find that praise restores joy whenever it ebbs after a hard day, a harsh word, a long journey.

I'm not perfect and I surrender. I cannot be perfect for anyone- not for me, not for my family, not for my loved ones or friends... Not even for God. That's why I need to learn to forgive myself, to forgive people i encounter everyday. How can we expect perfection from people when we can't be perfect.

That's why I find that I need Jesus more and more each day. He is my covering, my perfection. He is my Shalom, my peace of mind when every thing in me in the natural feels burdened or weary. When i am close to tears, I find release in Him that fills me with joy again.

Living in a fallen world is tough, but living within Him makes it easy and enjoyable. He does the carrying, the solving, the providing. I just hold His hand and breathe.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sermon 31/08/2008 - Pastor Lian (NCC)

What the Anointing Oil is & Prayer for the Anointing Oil

Vision Sunday 2013 - The Keys of David (06.01.13) by Pastor Joseph Prince, New Creation Church Singapore. SERMON NOTES