Well, counting down to Ian's going off to Indo for the next 2 months. It is a trip that someone correctly described as "not short, not long." =p

Have I cried because I feel like I am so gonna miss him? You betcha!
Do I want him not to go Indo then? No leh. =)

I know the importance of this trip and I recognise the blessings it carries. So ya I will do my blubbering and cheerleading at the same time. =) I am just a walking ball of emotions for the moment, so pardon moi.

In the office now with the men-folk as they do their macho-tech-DIY stuff. =) Ran some errands and will have more errands to run tomorrow - both for the trip and for Kae's return to school on Monday.

Trip side - Done packing his clothes but have not packed his misc stuff like toiletries, medical kit, etc. Also prepared the little notebook of encouragement verses and phrases from the bible and good Christian writers.

Kae's side - school uniforms are ready to go. Umm... need to paint his shoes though. Erks.

Home side - just bought new seat cushions for dining table chairs, and stuff for the kitchen and bookcases (cloth-like containers, mini boxes). All from Daiso... my fav el cheapo haven and choice place to indulge in housewife shopping therapy.

Love the meshed pinch bag - very good for storing stuff.... i have one for the makan, one for the pegs, another for cleaning cloths and just got one for Kae's clean socks that I will hang at the shoe rack - easier for him to get hold of fresh socks.

The towel bars for sink cabinet doors is great too because now I can hang the dish towels to dry without them touching the sink, cupboards, etc...

Found a product called Mesh Storage Pocket for the fridge too. I have a small fridge so anything that can help free up space inside is good. These pockets hang off the shelves of the fridge door so you can put packets of sauces, meds, etc in them and free up space in the actual shelve.

Just got this plastic thing to put across the sink so in case the dish rack is full, I can put the glasses and smaller plates on it to dry. =)

Bought a Passport case for Ian too! Can store the air tickets, passport and other stuff neatly in it. The design quite cute- looks like one of those air mail envelopes!

Also bought this suction cup held up bottle holder for the bottle of Dish Drops. Suppose to adhere to side of the sink. =) Better than placing it at the top part of the sink where it can drip all over. Considering migrating the sponge holder down too =pp

Yes as you can see I am a sucker for innovative Japanese, made-in-China (the irony) products. If it will make life easier and keeping home a breeze. Why not??? =D

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sermon 31/08/2008 - Pastor Lian (NCC)

What the Anointing Oil is & Prayer for the Anointing Oil

Vision Sunday 2013 - The Keys of David (06.01.13) by Pastor Joseph Prince, New Creation Church Singapore. SERMON NOTES