Storm - Lifehouse

I have never heard of Lifehouse till today. Yes I know - swakoo.

Andrea sent me a beautiful skit played to their music. and Ian told me they seem to be a secular band.

BUT I found this song and I knew they are Christ led... =)

The lyrics moved me to tears. It has been a pretty tough battlefield of the mind recently and this song ministered to me so beautifully.

So many visuals flooded my mind and amidst it all, I saw Him walking on water, hand outstretched to me in the storm, ready to lead me out of the mess and the noise into His Shalom.



how long have I
been in this storm
so overwhelmed by the ocean's shapeless form
water's getting harder to tread
with these waves crashing over my head

if I could just see you
everything will be alright
if I'd see you
the storminess will turn to light

and I will walk on water
and you will catch me if I fall
and I will get lost into your eyes
and everything will be alright
and everything will be alright

I know you didn't
bring me out here to drown
so why am I 10 feet under and upside down
barely surviving has become my purpose
cause I'm so used to living underneath the surface

if I could just see you
everything will be alright

if I see you
the storminess will turn to light

and I will walk on water
and you will catch me if I fall
and I will get lost into your eyes
and everything will be alright

and I will walk on water
you will catch me if I fall
and I will get lost into your eyes
and everything will be alright
I know everything is alright
everything's alright

Comments

  1. Hey, here's another swakoo who's never heard of lifehouse. tks for sharing! it's a beautiful song. :)

    Girl, sorry to hear you've been in the down. I'm at a loss of words as to how to give you a word of encouragement to this cool & graceful swan. But what i've done in a small way is to cover you with prayers. If you've caught a glimpse of the sky today, at how blue it is, with twirls & swirls of white clouds, you know you've received His blessings.. or if you've caught a child on the street smiling at you, a taxi uncle stopping for you even though there's a other passenger flaggin him down before you, or mabbe even just feeling the cool brush of fresh air sweeping past you... Angels & Jesus' very presence is right before & ahead of you. :)

    Chin up, for you're not alone. *hugs!*

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sermon 31/08/2008 - Pastor Lian (NCC)

What the Anointing Oil is & Prayer for the Anointing Oil

Vision Sunday 2013 - The Keys of David (06.01.13) by Pastor Joseph Prince, New Creation Church Singapore. SERMON NOTES