Our Paralympians have a lesson to teach us...

Yay!!!!!!!

Yi Pin Xiu just won us the gold in the 50m backstroke (Women's s3)!! She won a silver just a few days back for the freestyle event! =D

It was so funny because I was waiting for the news to come out on ST but could not find it so I went to the paralympics page. About 10 minutes later, the news finally broke on the ST website. =D

Pin Xiu, Theresa Goh and Laurentia Tan's tenacity really wows me.

I was researching on Pin Xiu when I saw this -

Pin Xiu’s condition is still deteriorating, and so is her eyesight, which has been affected by a nerve condition brought about by the syndrome. However, she continues to stay positive, and her love for swimming has, not once, subsided.

I think what is inspiring is that she continues to do the natural - swimming - despite all the "giants" around her... and the giants tumble around her because she stands up against them fearlessly.

We have so much to learn from these Paralympians... =)

To see Pin Xiu's winning swim go to http://www.sascoc.co.za/ and click on the link on the right for Sarah Shannon, Women's 50m backstroke, S3.

I wish our local websites and TV had given better coverage for the Paralympics. I would love for my son to be able to see these admirable davids conquering their goliaths =D

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sermon 31/08/2008 - Pastor Lian (NCC)

What the Anointing Oil is & Prayer for the Anointing Oil

Vision Sunday 2013 - The Keys of David (06.01.13) by Pastor Joseph Prince, New Creation Church Singapore. SERMON NOTES