Talking about songs

(Orig posted by me as part of a comment on Malcolm's blog on 2nd Sept 2008 - with some minor additions at the end. =D )

I used to sing this song from Sound of Music to Ian - the part where Maria annd Captain Von Trapp kissed in the moonlight.

She sang "Nothing comes from nothing. Nothing ever would. It must have been my youth or childhood. I must have done something good."

I have stopped singing that tho' lol now that I know that all thee blessings I have come not from what I did but from what He did! Everything I am blessed with came about because of everything He lost on the cross. Every healing I have comes from His broken body on the cross. My righteousness is not from my efforts either but because we are all the righteousness of God in Christ.

I am finding it so hard to enjoy secular songs because their lyrics just don't agree with what I believe in, and I don't wanna sing along to lies (I wonder if that is somewhat speaking wrongly over one self to sing lyrics one knows is salah to the brim). Hillsong boleh! NCC praise and worship cds boleh! Bring on Matt Redman, Fireflight, Chris Tomlin, Selah, etc etc

Lol. Christian music ROCKS!

Tuesday, September 02, 2008 10:29:00 AM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sermon 31/08/2008 - Pastor Lian (NCC)

What the Anointing Oil is & Prayer for the Anointing Oil

Vision Sunday 2013 - The Keys of David (06.01.13) by Pastor Joseph Prince, New Creation Church Singapore. SERMON NOTES