Being a parent helps one see Daddy God better... =D

But I have stilled and quieted my soul; like a weaned child with its mother, like a weaned child is my soul within me. - Psalm 131:2

Images of Kae at my bosom flashed before my eyes when I read this. =) I personally breast fed that kid for like almost 3 years. It was a wonderful time of bonding... sometimes painful (esp when he bit me whilst I provided. Ouch.)

Before milk time, Kae would be frantic, hungry, frustrated and noisy... He would struggle and go red in the face squealing, screaming, wailing.

Then FEEDING TIME!

Kae would drink with relief... at first the milk flows thin to quench his thirst (a lot!! So much so he couldn't drink quite fast enough... he'd splutter a bit as he tried to drink the overflowing milk), then it would get richer and richer... thicker and very rich and fulfilling. Then filled up, Kae would nestle up contented and sleepy... and he would rest.

This memory reminds me of us.

We struggle day to day... we fight in our daily battles bitter and exhausted at times... sometimes problems awash over us, overwhelming us... sometimes we go red in the face arguing with unreasonable clients, facing bad traffic, etc. We try to fight our own fights, using our own might and bruising our over-extended egos. =p AND then we collapse... spent and tired and angry and bitter. (Shakes head)

That's like Kae. He struggled coz he would be thinking that I was not aware that he was hungry. Ttrust me I knew he was- there was this strange connection between us - my body knew whenever he was hungry. Instinctively.

In the same way, our Heavenly Dad knows when we are in need. We don't have to tell Him. It is good to ask nicely of coz... but HE KNOWS. He made us... stitched us together bit by bit. And more than that, He bore our weight on that cross. "I knew you before I formed you in your mother’s womb."- Jeremiah 1:5

And just like HE KNOWS when we are in NEED or WANT. He is able to provide. MORE than able, MORE than we expect. Overflowing. Abundantly. Till we are soaked in His love and goodness. Land of milk and honey? U gotcha! "Open your mouth wide and I will fill it." - Ps 81:10b

And not just that - the blessings come to quench our needs first then flows into what we want - rich, fat, nutritious for our body, mind and soul. The bible says that God's path is dripping with fatness (not obesity please - but richness, fullness!) "You crown the year with Your bounty and goodness, and the tracks of Your [chariot wheels] drip with fatness." - Ps 65:11

And then when we are finally free of that need and want, as much as our soul prospers, we prosper physically in this world. We can finally be in SHALOM -peace, wholeness... we are complete. We are fulfilled. We can finally REST. “Beloved, I pray that in all respects you may prosper and be in good health, just as your soul prospers” - 3 John 1:2

And rest we will in His arms... in that land of milk and honey.

It is written that we can NOT be removed from this land... "I will plant My people on their land and they will not be pulled out again from the land which I have given them," says the LORD your God. -Amos 9:15.

We will not be removed by anything from God's arms again. "For I am persuaded that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord," - Romans 8:38-39... "Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever." - Ps 23:6

Safe in the knowledge that we are now in Christ, we are now free and safe, we will no longer be any want or need & no longer in any lack... safe in that knowledge... safe at last... we can rest.
"He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restores my soul." Ps 23:2,3.

We no longer have to fight our battles, HE has conquered it ALL. We are now more than conquerors in Christ Jesus. The victory? We don't have to pray to win it... HE has won it. He has gifted it to us. "In all these things we are more than conquerors." -Romans 8:37

So all we have to do?

ACCEPT IT... RECEIVE IT - and that is by acknowledging that it is not by our might, or power but by the Spirit of the LORD. (Zech 4:6)

And now, excuse me (and all the bad grammar/punctuation)... I am going to catch my beauty sleep and blessed rest. ZZZZZ...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sermon 31/08/2008 - Pastor Lian (NCC)

What the Anointing Oil is & Prayer for the Anointing Oil

Vision Sunday 2013 - The Keys of David (06.01.13) by Pastor Joseph Prince, New Creation Church Singapore. SERMON NOTES