Cooking Mama

I really enjoy being the woman of my kitchen & coming out with all sorts of "Geraldine-ized" dishes for Ian & Kae. I usually just cook minus recipes - i think about what i want to achieve, then just "whack". Thank Jesus it has so far tasted pretty good ha ha.

One of Ian's fav is my own style Fritatas. Instead of using a lot of eggs ($$$), I use 2-3 eggs and 2 tubes of egg tofu. I beat this and add in Onion powder, Basil & Tomato seasoning, Tokatsu sauce, Mozarella Cheese, garlic butter and whatever other ingredients I want (meat, prawn/ seafood, etc). I put this into the oven to bake till the top is a little browned here and there. It is fast, cheap and easy to prepare. Plus it is nutritious and sedap too!

My friends love the Herbal Prawn soup I make - a play on Ginseng Chicken soup. They also like my version of Con Carne... lol. That time I made it, then some of them bought the Botak Jones one as well. I was surprised that they preferred mine ha ha ha. I hope I can recreate it lol. That is the problem with anyhow-whacking...

Kae loves the butter friend rice with raisins plus pork chops done Jap style. He also likes the miso soup with tofu. He is quite the fussy eater though so when in doubt, I make him Sea Shanty or NTUC Fairprice Pizza. =p His fav food? Chai Bng, Sior Bah Bng, Chicken Rice, Pizza, Mushroom Soup, Sea Shanty, Sunny Side Up... =)

I have also attempted making jiao zi but coz the skin I bought was thin, it broke a little too easily. Ian said he likes it =D Phew. haha. I've made actual skin before but too lazy to make them keke. Easier and cheaper to just buy it ready made.

Also attempted making Kimchi Vegetable Mix thingamabobee (I dunno it was like rojak of veges plus kimchi) and we liked it ha ha.

Recently I bought this frozen fish from NTUC which costs $3+ for 3 pieces... made it Teriyaki style and Ian said it tasted like grilled Unagi. The fish is quite "fattty" you see - good also, coz it has omega 3. I baked Salmon the last time and added in some red/yellow/green peppers to bake along with it - the veges tasted so good and creamy after that. I think it was coz of the Salmon's natural oil.

Just made Stingray in Belachan with honey plus pineapples - baked it in the oven- for Ian's dinner tonight. Coupled that with simple broiled chai sim. He liked it so yay! I didn't try it though coz I didn't feel like chilli tonight. *(oops did I just get nonya points deducated from me???)

We're trying to eat at home more - healthier and about the same cost as eating out. (Good for me - I get to practice. Hehe.) We found out buying frozen food is cheap, keeps longer and it tastes good too. I love the frozen fish sold at NTUC and the frozen pork and chicken thighs are very well priced too. The last item was on sale today $8+ for 2 packs of I think 6-8 big thighs per pack. With the meat and all settled, all we need to do each time I cook is to buy vege. It costs $1-2 for the vegetable... so that's good on the pocket so far.

Thinking about what to cook tomorrow but usually no point thinking. Lol. Just before dinner, I usually just whack the first thought that comes to mind. It's worked so far. Grins.

I love being a Cooking Nama in real life - I suck at that Nintendo DS game though hahaha. I'm sure Ian is okay with that. Grins.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sermon 31/08/2008 - Pastor Lian (NCC)

What the Anointing Oil is & Prayer for the Anointing Oil

Vision Sunday 2013 - The Keys of David (06.01.13) by Pastor Joseph Prince, New Creation Church Singapore. SERMON NOTES