Neale Donald Walsh - another New Age "Christianity" Liar

Neale Donald Walsch has outright proclaimed that his “God” stated that “the era of the Single Saviour is over” and that he (“God”) was responsible for authoring the teachings of A Course in Miracles.

I wonder who Neale's God is? =p

If you have a hard time figuring out who Neale Donald Walsch is, I am sure you might find the title of his book a tad more familiar - Conversations With God.

I encountered Conversations With God when I was about 18 years old. I was trapped in depression and I was trying to find my way back to Christ. I wasn't totally lost, but I was desperate to understand him, desperate to really know The Word.

It didn't enter my mind to read the bible thoroughly haha... I mean I read, but selectively then. Plus without a clue about biblical symbols and types and their significance, the Word felt locked away from me.

So I sought books that would help me understand the Word... and I came across Neale's book.

The title was so deceptive. I thought hey this was a guy who was prayerful, and that God had made some revelations too. I bought his reflections book which is basically a collection of his choicest quotes and space for you to write what you feel about them.

There were some alarm bells sometimes, coz somethings felt wrong... but I kept on reading the book. I highlighted bits, circled stuff excitedly... thinking that there was a meeting of minds between the dude and I.

I felt like yup this book is it... it is really telling me more about God.

Please note that when I was in UK I also practised divination (very bad I know) - dousing with a crystal and online tarot. It was just not right... but at that stage in my life I was so unbelievably deceived.

It was only years later, that as I walked - and I truly mean walk - with Christ, did I realise how far that book took me away from Jesus. It was partially that book that brought about wrong thinking and wrong action in my life.

There are no “shoulds” or “shouldn’ts” in God’s world. Do what you want to do. Do what reflects you, what represents you as a grander version of your Self. If you want to feel bad, feel bad...A thing is only right or wrong because you say it is. A thing is not right or wrong intrinsically... I do not love “good” more than I love “bad.” Hitler went to heaven. When you understand this, you will understand God.- Neale Donald Walsh
That basically release me to just ignore corrections or warnings from friends and loved ones. I remained in Depression because I felt it was my right... I used to proudly tell my friend that I believe in Jesus but I also believe that God is the same God because we are all part of Him, pieces of Him... that there is no wrong belief. I truly thought that way.

I have come to see how that is so wrong. That pseudo-Christianity thinking came from all the contact I had with New Age materials. I abided in them instead of abiding in Him or truly truly giving myself a chance to know the real Christ. What is sad is that I see many of my relatives steeped in a similar wrong thinking.

People think they can define God and choose who he is like - when God is defined clearly in the Scriptures.

Neale Donald Walsh has this to say about his faith - "I would not describe myself as a Christian, at least not according to the fundamentalist Christian definition of which I am aware. I would describe myself as a Chrismuslijewdian."

I simply say he is lost... blind.

Don't allow yourself to be led around by a blind person, the result is death.

Comments

  1. Praise God for revealing the truth to us. I read the same book and had a friend who almost brain washed me to believing such false theories about God. Neil is indeed a lost child.

    God bless ya =)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sermon 31/08/2008 - Pastor Lian (NCC)

What the Anointing Oil is & Prayer for the Anointing Oil

Vision Sunday 2013 - The Keys of David (06.01.13) by Pastor Joseph Prince, New Creation Church Singapore. SERMON NOTES