Save Kaya??

This month, Mediacorp is urging Singaporeans to partake in "Saving Gaia".

Sorry. I am fine with the term save the Earth... but saving Gaia is another deal altogether. I am not trying to be anal retentive but the term Gaia refers to the pagan Greek goddess that personifies the Earth.

I also find the ad - where someone is using a chain saw to saw a mannequin whilti oozes "blood" or crude oil or cornsyrup & the mannequin fades into a little kid about Kae's age - HIGHLY DISTURBING. I know what they are saying - "Killing Earth is like killing the next generation." But, honestly is that the kind of imagery I want my kid to see on TV?!?!

Kae can stick to Playhouse Disney for now - beats watching gory shock-tactic ads on the tube. =p

IMHO what needs saving is not "Gaia" but the people of this Earth (the harvest is ready but there aren't enough people to harvest), and freelancers who get pushed around like dirt in the Media & Creative Industry over here coz they dun have a voice that stands up for them.

Save Gaia?

I'd rather save my eyes from watching those i-wannabe-like-benetton ads.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sermon 31/08/2008 - Pastor Lian (NCC)

What the Anointing Oil is & Prayer for the Anointing Oil

Vision Sunday 2013 - The Keys of David (06.01.13) by Pastor Joseph Prince, New Creation Church Singapore. SERMON NOTES