QUICKEN!

I dunno about you but I have always wondered about the word "quicken". It appears especially in the KJV - prob one of the hardest translation of the bible to read (even for a Lit student... coz the modern translations are just so much easier on the eyes, ears and brain hahaha). =)

Well, I decided to check out its definition in the dictionary. I know it means become quicker in general, but I wanted to know the FULL meaning =)

So here goes -

quick⋅en
  /ˈkwɪkən/

–verb (used with object)
1. to make more rapid; accelerate; hasten: She quickened her pace.
2. to give or restore vigor or activity to; stir up, rouse, or stimulate: to quicken the imagination.
3. to revive; restore life to: The spring rains quickened the earth.
–verb (used without object)
4. to become more active, sensitive, etc.: This drug causes the pulse to quicken.
5. to become alive; receive life.
6. (of the mother) to enter that stage of pregnancy in which the fetus gives indications of life.
7. (of a fetus in the womb) to begin to manifest signs of life.

Wow! Besides becoming more rapid, it means to receive life, and I guess I liked definitions 6+ 7 where we see the foetus in the womb begin to manifest signs of life. We are pregnant with promises and these promises are going to manifest and indicate they are full of the Life of the Spirit! AMEN!

Let's see how "quicken" applies to bits of Scripture... well at least how I would apply my newly learned definition and feed on the Word. =D

(Note: Personal reflections- not meaning to impose it on anyone. ^.^)


Psalm 71:20 (King James Version)

Thou, which hast shewed me great and sore troubles, shalt quicken me again, and shalt bring me up again from the depths of the earth.

LORD, you have allowed me to see great troubles, but HALLELUJAH- You will REVIVE ME TO LIFE AGAIN, You will cause me to MANIFEST SIGNS OF YOUR LIFE AND LIFE MORE ABUNDANTLY, You will MAKE ME MORE SENSITIVE TO YOUR BLESSINGS, You will STIR UP AND REVIVE MY FAITH! =D

Psalm 119:50 (King James Version)

50This is my comfort in my affliction: for thy word hath quickened me.

LORD, when I am hurt and troubled, this is my comfort - Your WORD has manifested its LIFE AND LIFE MORE ABUNDANTLY in me. Your WORD has REVIVED me.


Romans 8:11 (King James Version)

11But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.


LORD thank you that the Spirit that raised Jesus from the dead has made me His home and that just as He was able to raise Christ from the dead, the Holy Spirit will not just breathe Spiritual Life into me, but also cause my mortal body to MANIFEST that ZOE LIFE filled with Shalom WHOLENESS, PERFECTION, FULLNESS. CONTENTMENT, PEACE, PROSPERITY!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sermon 31/08/2008 - Pastor Lian (NCC)

What the Anointing Oil is & Prayer for the Anointing Oil

Vision Sunday 2013 - The Keys of David (06.01.13) by Pastor Joseph Prince, New Creation Church Singapore. SERMON NOTES