Grace... Grace...

Wow... what a day =)

We went to register Kae for Primary One this morning and had an encounter with a lady who was helping with the event. She was quite rude, referring to some issues we had as "problem case".

You see, my ex's name is on my son's birth cert. He sompa-ed that he is my son's Dad. We were never married. As a result Ian and I were not sure how to fill up some forms for the registration due to some of these unique circumstances.

The same lady later also commented quite audibly that "This year got a lot of problem cases ah..." Then whilst a teacher tended to us, she told the teacher, "Eh problem cases put here, put here." I felt quite affronted because was it a hint that we are a "problem case" so we should be ostracised?

Also the MOE Annex forms were another mystery altogether. I am sure I am not the only person who was a single mother who got married to another man later on in life. There were no Annex forms for this situation. There were annex forms for single mothers who are still not legally married, and annex forms for single mothers undergoing seperation or divorce. In the end we had to reword some of the forms here and there to make it work out.

The other teachers were extremely helpful and understanding. I later found out that the lady was thankfull NOT a member of the teaching staff (PRAISE GOD!) but an admin staff. I do feel that she should be a bit more sensitive to people's feelings though. There were several other parents in my situation at the registration or who also had other unique circumstances - and I don't think we appreciate the stuff she said.

Just gonna let go and let God with regards to school =)

The night before the registration, I had only 2 hours sleep, so when I came back, I was looking forward to rest. However, I received a message from a sister in Christ about lunch. We had tried to meet up over the last few weeks quite unsuccessfully as she is quite busy, so I was more than happy to meet up with her. She's preparing for her wedding and I know she needed a listening ear becoz weddings can be quite stressful affairs in the planning stages.

It was good to see her and catch up. It also helps me know which areas to pray with her about and ask God's wisdom for.

Then, I came back and collapsed on bed and snoozed for 2 hours before a dear sister's mum called to meet for dinner. My godsis is overseas so I was more than happy to spend some time with her mum. I last saw her months ago.

We had rojak and ban mian at the HDB Hub and talked about the grace of God and I shared with her the anointing oil testimonies. I also gave her a sermon CD and a Joyce Meyer mag for her son, my godsister's elder bro. =) It was nice to see her - she is a very lovely lady. I can tell she misses her daughter and is worried for her, so I also reassured her that everything will work out great in His time. She very kindly bought us durians and I hope everything will go well for her and her family.

Stepped in and got a call from another friend whom we are purchasing some cookies from - his office is really awesome and holding this charity drive thingee. So told him I'd buy some from him. Gonna go collect it in a bit.

Going to nap, then wake up and rush out my writing. So many deadlines to meet, but I know I need rest. My eyes can barely stay open. Lol.

Grace, grace my Shepherd King... fill me with more grace, more power and more of You in my life. =D

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sermon 31/08/2008 - Pastor Lian (NCC)

What the Anointing Oil is & Prayer for the Anointing Oil

Vision Sunday 2013 - The Keys of David (06.01.13) by Pastor Joseph Prince, New Creation Church Singapore. SERMON NOTES