Shalom my friend, Shalom...

God ministers to us in very simple and beautiful ways.

I am always rejoicing in Him when something I posted acts as a post-it note from our Heavenly Daddy to anyone reading the blog.

I received a wonderful message from my Chi Chi's very lovely SIL about God's ministering to her so I am also blubbering now ^.^ Daddy's love amazes me always.

It has happened a few times - strangers log onto my blog and then tell me something I blogged during my quiet time reflection touched them or ministered to them and their needs there and then. I bump into a long lost classmate or friend or Christian stranger, and we both know it is no coincidence... and the interactions between us further confirms us.

It has happened to me also when I've read other blogs /daily devos as well... it is like when U read it, U just know God knew exactly your anxieties and made sure He uses someone or something to minister his reassurance. =D He loves us that much... =)

I remember once I was 15 and deeply troubled and I cried out - if you are really listening show me a rainbow lah! Mum called me to the kitchen to bring something to her, when I returned to my bedroom, there - perfectly framed some more - in the middle of my bedroom window was a perfect rainbow. I will never forget that day...

Another rainbow incident was in 2007, after we left church on New Year's day - when our Pastor preached that there will be double blessings in the year for all of us in Christ Jesus - we got off the MRT at Jurong and saw two rainbows in an overcast sky. It was amazing!! It was like God confirming that ya there will be double blessings for us. =D

When I was having difficulties at work in the same year, I was incredibly depressed. And when I stepped out of the office to go to the loo to cry, in the sky were again 2 beautiful rainbows. It felt like a reminder - Daughter, remember double blessings... it really moved me so much.

Remember what Jesus said in John 14:27 -- "My Shalom I leave with you; my shalom I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid."

Shalom is not just peace. In Hebrew it also means wholeness - nothing missing, nothing broken, well-being and complete. Sometimes English just doesn't quite get the full depth of what Christ says across. =)

Jesus has all these to offer to us, and when He gives, it is not like the world - in bits and pieces, too little, or with hidden clauses and conditions. =) He freely gives and it is complete, whole, good and perfect! =D His only reminder to us, so that we can enjoy this Shalom, is to not be troubled or afraid because perfect love casts off every anxiety. Because we know He loves us so perfectly, there is nothing that can tear His love away from us... nothing in this world, above or beneath... the ball is always in our courts whether we choose to receive that Shalom and unconditional love or not =D

I like what my pastor once said - It is very easy to qualify for this gift- are you a sinner? are you imperfect? If you are, you qualify.

Jesus doesn't make it hard for us, sometimes we make it hard for ourselves. =) We just have to let Jesus steer (Jesus take the wheel is like a fav song of mine that I sing whenever I feel I am trying too hard on my self effort... lol)

I have complete confidence that everything will be alright for you out there... every missing piece in your heart, every broken-ness in your life will be whole and perfect again - and the joy of the LORD will be your strength. The best part of that? No one can take it away from you =D AMEN!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sermon 31/08/2008 - Pastor Lian (NCC)

What the Anointing Oil is & Prayer for the Anointing Oil

Vision Sunday 2013 - The Keys of David (06.01.13) by Pastor Joseph Prince, New Creation Church Singapore. SERMON NOTES