HE

There is a hymn that I've sung since I was a child. It is a hymn that means so deeply to me and was the song that first led me to see what our Father is truly like.

I used to be quite the outcast - the one that was not with in crowd... the one listening to Oldies by Pat Boone, Cliff Richard, Connie Francis, etc instead of Debbie Gibson, Take That and whatever bands were hip through the years. =p So I used to spend recess alone and I'd go to the school chapel, sit there and sing this song and a whole lot of other hymns to Jesus. Some times I'd sit there and cry, and I could feel His embrace. I also used to chat to Aunty Elizabeth, one of the nice cleaning aunties. Remembering all those days is bringing tears to my eyes even as I blog. I was so young, so alone and so hungry for more of Jesus. I praise Abba that Kae is so well fed in Christ. and sitting under the right message of God's grace.

This hymn means so much in particular because it is the hymn that first told me our Daddy God is not a distant God, but who seeks to have a personal relationship with us.

This is Abba who makes time for ALL of us...

This is the Saviour that has come for the sick and not just the healthy.

This is the Abba who doesn't get angry with us when we are in the wrong, but is hurt when we choose the wrong options when choices are placed before us... but it is not like if we choose wrongly, He will abandon us. He sticks to us regardless of how good or how bad we become. He still loves us dearly.

I came to also understand through this song, something very important - that He forgives me all the time, despite what my mum says. (God bless my mum who used to grumble about how steeped in sin I was, how my sins would catch up with me and cause me problems, and not to wear black because evil spirits will follow me if i do so ... and I used to feel so frustrated, condemned, so guilt-conscious and so alone. I know my mum meant well and I don't blame her because she loves me so much and she's hurt so much because of me. I know where her heart lies and no mother ever hates her child. Mum loved me but our love language was different, hence the miscommunication. She has done so much for me and sacrificed so much for me. I also know that she doesn't sit under the right teachings, so it is hard for her to understand where I come from too. And it is my constant desire that she comes to understand what it truly means to be a Christian and to experience the joy of the LORD in her life... to be confident in her salvation.)

I thank God for the myriad growing up experiences regardless because it has taught me how to parent Kaelen and my other kids, and it has shown me His glory in my life even better. Every experience has made me who I am today... a blessed redeemed. =D

I hope you will love this hymn as much as I do...

HE

He can turn the tides and calm the angry sea;
He alone decides who writes a symphony;
He lights every star that makes our darkness bright;
He keeps watch all through each long and lonely night;
He still finds the time to hear a child's first prayer;
Saints or sinners call to always finds Him there.
Though it makes Him sad to see the way we live,
He'll always say, "I forgive."

He can grant a wish or make a dream come true;
He can paint the clouds and turn the grey to blue;
He alone knows where to find the rainbow's end;
He alone can see what lies beyond the bend;
He can touch a tree and turn the leaves to gold;
He knows every lie that you and I have told.
Though it makes Him sad to see the way we live,
He'll always say, "I forgive."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sermon 31/08/2008 - Pastor Lian (NCC)

What the Anointing Oil is & Prayer for the Anointing Oil

Vision Sunday 2013 - The Keys of David (06.01.13) by Pastor Joseph Prince, New Creation Church Singapore. SERMON NOTES