No - we do not idolize Pastor Prince lah... Jesus is our Number One Superhero!

Malcolm blogged yesterday on how people mistake him for idolizing Pastor Prince. When I read it I was thinking "Ya! Har nor!" ("Yes! Exactly!"

Here are my comments on his blog (I edited my ang mor a bit... I blogged too late at night and phrased some stuff a bit more clumsily) =D:

Hey Malcolm,

I sooooo know what you mean.

I think my parents and some friends have that same thought about those of us in NCC. Haha.

I also want to state it clearly that I dun idolize Ps Prince, and like you, I have really come to love my LORD and Servant King more and more under his anointed teachings (that come NOT from his own wisdom, but because like us - according to the Word of God, he also has the mind of Christ).

His message is Holy Spirit anointed and may we never ever think that it comes from his smarts or attribute glory to him but to HIM -our Heavenly Abba.

I also listen a lot to Joyce Meyer and read other anointed pastors as well as the BIBLE itself, so my growing understanding rests on the revelation of the Holy Spirit - not some "cultish blind following of one man" as some people might assume.

Pastor Prince himself always makes it a point to attribute all glory to Christ and to remind his church members that it is not about him but about Jesus.

Besides Pastor Prince, the rest of the pastors are also very anointed. Pastor Mark, Pastor Matthew, Pastor Gabriel, Pastor Lian, Pastor Chin - having heard them all preach before, it is clear that they are very anointed too. They each have their own style, and they each get God's love and the grace of Christ across into the hearts of the people.

Another thing I notice other Christians always feel uncomfy about is that NCC-ers love to call God our Heavenly Daddy. I used to feel uncomfy too because it is so affectionate... and that's a big clue isn't it?

Why?

Becoz it is precisely what the devil wants us to be - distant from God.

When the devil spoke to Christ, he said "if you are the son of God", completely obliterating the use of "BELOVED SON OF GOD" (that is how God addresses Jesus), because he wanted Jesus to forget who He is.

So who are we? We are the BELOVED sons and daughters of our Heavenly Father!!!!

The Jews say Abba and it does mean DADDY to them.

So why can't we be affectionate too and call Him our Heavenly Daddy, our Heavenly Papa? =)

When we call our Dad "Father" it sounds so distant and cold... I call mine "Daddy" or "Papa". My hubby calls his "Dad". Ugly Betty calls her's "Papi". =D

The only people I know who have addressed their Dads as Father are those who have never been very close to their Dads from young.

When you allow yourself to be affectionate to God, it opens your heart to accept His love and affections for you. =) That is my most honest opinion.

So sorry that my comment is so long ha ha... got carried away.

BTW, I've FINALLY heard Ps Reuben's sermons on your blog. They are really good and touched my immensely. I will be sending the links to my NCC friends too!

I am glad that Daddy God has risen up a grace-filled pastor to minister to PLMC. May he unlock the hearts of the brothers and sisters there. =D All glory to Jesus! =D

======================

For those of you who dunno, PLMC which brother Malcolm was from has unofficially banned our church materials and all talk of Pastor Prince amongst its members. Malcolm was somewhat persecuted by them - stripped of leadership post and all. Ian was surprised when I shared with him - "You mean such things still happen in Singapore? Sounds more like what happens in underground churches in China."

Charm experienced a similar ordeal in Lighthouse something church. (Sorry lah I dunno the proper name haha).

In both churches, I feel it is because people started leaving them (think mini exodus) for NCC because NCC's sermons helped people see Jesus and experience His love so much better - so the churches feel the pinch and get pretty upset. =p

Also, haha I sometimes feel Pastor's surname "Prince" - as if he can choose his surname right?!?! - makes people mistake him for some person suffering from delusions of grandeur. Lol.

Anyway, Pastor Prince was sharing last Sunday that there were many pastors and people who ask why our church is so big but we dun have a bible college like the other big churches.

He said it is not that we never intend to have one, but that every sermon is like a bible college class - he feeds us bible types and symbolisms, helps us understand the sermon in its original Greek and Hebrew - things that many pastors dun do. So we are getting even better understanding than if we sit in a bible college! =)

I actually agree leh coz I feel so well fed and Ian + I have grown in leaps and bounds in our understanding of the Word... praise God!

We can see Jesus so much clearer in the OT as we do in the NT.

Like Pastor always reminds us - the New Testament is in the Old Testament concealed... and the Old Testament is in the New Testament revealed. =D

It is so amazing to read Leviticus and Numbers and even the Book of Samuel and see Jesus everywhere!!! I mean the first 2 were books I found so uber boring in the past! Lol.

But it is NOT just NCC that is being blesseed, I am sure Abba Daddy, who is no respector of persons, is also raising other grace conscious preachers at the pulpits all over Singapore who will pull people out of the pit! =D Pastor Reuben of PLMC is one fine example (Malcolm recommends listening to his "Gospel v A Different Gospel" sermon) and may God help him to radically change PLMC and touch hearts that have hardened themselves to grace filled sermons because of the colour green.

Thank you Jesus for raising up wonderful pastors in Singapore who will lead the church closer and closer to Christ, His wonderful gift of grace... to see His face better and to experience His tender mercies in our lives & recognise them for what they are - His love for us and His blessings over us. =D

It is amazing how one small island and her people can be an impact to the way the gospel of grace is preached all over the world. =D Radically and unadulterated like Jesus's unconditional love for us!!

Comments

  1. Hi Geri,

    A few years ago, I had a customer who overheard Pastor Prince's preaching on my dvd player at my stall and asked me (or rather it sounded like she was declaring), "So, you are a follower of Joseph Prince?"

    I answered her," No, I am a follower of Jesus Christ."

    She seemed stunned, but quickly recovered and replied with a "religiously correct" amen.

    I probed a bit and discovered that she was formerly from NCC but left in 1998 which was about the time PP started preaching grace or rather the gospel radically.

    Anyway, I never saw her at my stall again.

    Another customer told me that many of his friends are "leaving NCC and returning to a bible believing church". He said PP is "just showmanship" only. I chose to keep quiet and not rebut him.

    It seems that people who have not heard or do not understand or heard rumours about the gospel that PP is preaching, think that we attend NCC just because PP is very entertaining.

    Sadly, some members are like that, as evidenced by the shorter queues whenever PP is not preaching. However, I believe that a majority of us come to NCC to listen to the true gospel every Sunday, so much the better if the good news is preached in an entertaining manner. We leave church full of hope, happy, joyful and energized!

    So, I would like to clearly declare that Jesus is preached at NCC every Sunday, and I go every Sunday to see Jesus (not PP).

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sermon 31/08/2008 - Pastor Lian (NCC)

What the Anointing Oil is & Prayer for the Anointing Oil

Vision Sunday 2013 - The Keys of David (06.01.13) by Pastor Joseph Prince, New Creation Church Singapore. SERMON NOTES