Andrea's friend's testimony - God's undeserved, unmerited favour =D

Hello!

Testimony from my friend Ginny who's studying in the States. It's not about money, but about being faithful in the small things and the heart of our Father who desires to take care of us. Be blessed! :)

Andrea

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi all,
Malachi 3:10

10 Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house.

Test me in this," says the LORD Almighty, "and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that you will not have room enough for it.


Just wanna share another testimony, of how God is still working in my life. That i strongly believe in the testing of tithes as i gave to God, i claim in faith that he will provide for me. I have never stopped giving 10% of my salary, no matter how little, but i decided I'm going to give 12%, then 15%, then 20% that i have been doing since i was here. And my sis in Spore told me i have red packet $, and i told her to give God 50% of it.
I WAS DETERMINED TO TEST GOD.

Then recently, for 2 weeks, I was talking to Mr Anonymous bout life in USA and how blessed am I though i do not have financial assistance from back home, yet I am still eating well and sleeping well here. We conversed about life and he started talking about wanting to help me in my financial need because i constantly worry for the next semester's fees, difficulty paying up even if i save every cent by working 3-4 jobs on campus.

But I rejected him. I told him i am not starving in USA, give it to someone else. And he mentioned he was thinking of giving it to an orphanage or a lady in church. So i told him like 10 reasons on why i shouldn't accept the money. Others will definitely need more than i do, and have a pressing need more than i do. He told me to pray bout it, and we prayed about it for 1-2 weeks.

And he told me he decided to bless me with the money. I was shocked. Because that amount of money covers my tuition fees for at least 1 to 1.5 years, provided my scholarship goes on smoothly. I was in awe. And he says, do not reject me with your reasons, for if your desire is to serve God in sponsoring children around the world when you have money to spare, what is this that i do that does not serve the kingdom of God, as you will serve God?
He said, the reasons you give, " do not deserve, did nothing to earn it, too big a sum...." Next time, an orphan will say it to you too in the future, and would you stop giving? Of cos you wouldn't.

I cried online. ( OK, i am getting too emo these days ;p)

But I am in humility and AWE of how God works. And i pray that you guys will be encouraged as i am encouraged by Mr Anonymous, whom he says, " Nobody can hold me accountable for how i spend my money, only God can. Hence, we need to learn to spend wisely, and not to be greedy." Then he said, Not even my left hand knows what my right hand is doing, do not tell anyone who am I."

I am truly blessed.


Love for all,
Ginny
-----------------------------------------------------------
“If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.”

"Our days are happier when we give people a bit of our heart rather than a piece of our mind."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sermon 31/08/2008 - Pastor Lian (NCC)

What the Anointing Oil is & Prayer for the Anointing Oil

Vision Sunday 2013 - The Keys of David (06.01.13) by Pastor Joseph Prince, New Creation Church Singapore. SERMON NOTES