It is spring in Korea again and I am just remembering how Daddy clessed us so incredibly last year so that we got to spend our honeymoon in the land of the Annyong Haseyo. =)

I am believing in Jesus that we will be able to head to Israel this year with Kae. Israel definitely is special to me and I would really love to walk the land Jesus walked with the people I love.

But besides seeing the world, I am hoping that Ian and I will be able to start creating our own feature films soon and that they will be films that cause people to think about important issues.

I used to like films like "The Hours"... but as I've grown in my walk with Christ, I find it harder and harder to agree with what is being portrayed in secular films anymore. What is being hinted in the subtext and the context of the film? Will it uplift or cause people to go off the deep end? These factors have become important to me. I used to just want to write good stories. Now I want to write good stories that illuminate not decimate, to uplift downtrodden heaerts, to glorify Jesus.

When Ian showed me "A Walk To Remember" - I remembered wanting to make a film like it. It was a commercial film that actually had Christian themes and was proud to wear Christianity on its heart. It was The Jars of Clay of films for me.

Then I caught the trailer of "Second Chance" online a few years back and loved it! Michael W. Smith starred in it and it was a show that addressed some very strong leadership issues in the church. From there we got to find out about "Facing Giants" which we super duper loved. We bought "Fly Wheel" at the same time and enjoyed the storyline. It was less polished but it was the very first film by their church's movie ministry. It was well-written and well-performed by actual church members. I got the books linked to those films and read about the challenges, the blessings and the testimonials of the members involved in the making of these incredibly moving and thought-provoking films.

Their testimony was truly inspirational and fired me up even more to write for Christ no matter how tough it can get in Singapore because if God is for us, who can be against us? I believe if we just do the natural - preparing the ground, sowing the seeds... He will do the supernatural and bring the rain. That was the lesson I took away from "Facing Giants".

Abba Daddy bless the work of my hands, be my creativity and wisdom as I write. Grant Ian and I the favour and provision we need and bless our ministry. All glory to Jesus. Amen! =)

Comments

  1. Hi Geri and Ian,

    May God fill you with the Spirit, with creativity and skill kust as He filled Bezalel. I look forward to watching your movie in the near future :-)

    Exodus 31:2-5
    "See, I have chosen Bezalel son of Uri, the son of Hur, of the tribe of Judah, and I have filled him with the Spirit of God, with skill, ability and knowledge in all kinds of crafts- to make artistic designs for work in gold, silver and bronze, to cut and set stones, to work in wood, and to engage in all kinds of craftsmanship."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Geri,

    The Lord has blessed you with the gift of writing. Use that gift for His glory and He will reward You for using the gift that He gave you in the first place. I pray that He will continue to grant you favour in whatever you do and that the desire of your heart to create feature films that glorify the Lord will come to pass. In Jesus' name, I pray. Amen.

    Blessings to you always,
    Pebbles

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sermon 31/08/2008 - Pastor Lian (NCC)

What the Anointing Oil is & Prayer for the Anointing Oil

Vision Sunday 2013 - The Keys of David (06.01.13) by Pastor Joseph Prince, New Creation Church Singapore. SERMON NOTES