We are sealed by the blood of the Lamb! =D

Pastor Mark was the one delivering the sermon today in Church =) As usual it was an anointed and hilarious message that also brought along much food for thought.

At one point he mentioned how the Chinese like to bring their clothes to the temple to get it stamped with the temple's seal in red ink.

He raised interesting points - What if the ink gets washed out after a wash? Does this mean there is no more power left? Does this mean you must keep wearing the same outfit again and again without washing? LOL.

He then spoke about how this act of superstition is a forgery of the real deal by the Devil; The genuine thing can be seen in the Word of God - 2 Corinthians 1:21-22. A seal that can never be washed away by anything in this world! =)

"Now it is God who makes both us and you stand firm in Christ. He anointed
us, set His seal of ownership on us, and put his Spirit in our hearts as a
deposit, guaranteeing what is to come."

I went to check out more on the word "seal". The word "seal" here is "sphragizo" in Greek. It's root word, "sphragis", means the stamp impressed as a mark of privacy, or genuineness!!

Praise God! We are TRULY in the SECRET place of the Most High!

Pastor Mark also put up
the mandarin translation of seal - 盖.

As I looked at the passage when it was flashed on screen, it struck me that the word for seal was formed by 2 amazing elements!! Talk about seeing Jesus in the Chinese language!!!!!!!!!!


盖 = 羊 + 血

cover = lamb + blood AKA The blood of the Lamb of God!!!!

I came home to a proper research and found out more.

The element below the Mandarin word for "Lamb" - is according to the mandarin dictionary represented by either serving vessel or serving vessel containing sacrificial blood.

皿 - serving vessel
血 - vessel containing sacrificial blood (the mark on top)

It is interesting that the mark on top ( / ) represents the sacrificial blood - because we are told that the mark on top of the serving vessel also means a breath of life or set in motion!

I don't know about you but I am thinking of the breath of the Spirit when I see this mark ( / ).

I am thinking about the "hay" that was breathed into Abram so that he became Abraham.

Hay, the 5th letter in Hebrew Alphabet (--> 5 = grace remember?) means Life; for when there is response to motion of material moved by the spirit we have Life. Hay is spoken like a breath.

Hay means movement, breath of life.

( / ) or pie (third sound in hanyu pinyin) also means movement, breath of life!

The Chinese word of seal contains the lamb which is God's vessel filled with the breath of everlasting life for us. The same Lamb that shed His blood so that we have grace!!

Amazing ya? =D No coincidences in Christ. =)

And I haven't even shared the rest of Pastor Mark's message yet ha ha!!

Will do that tomorrow as the hubby thinks I should really sleep now - got a meeting later at 10am. Lol.

Comments

  1. Wow! With mandarin lessons based on the focus of Jesus, my mandarin will surely improve! ;p At least for now, i know how to write gai & nei jiu.. hehe

    Btw, when i was young, my mom used to take my tshirts to stamp at the temple too! it was embarrassing to me as i didn't believe it could protect me. and yes, i gotta wear it at least 3 days without washing it :p Thank God now i have the blood of Jesus that seals my entire family, our 'storehouses', and everything belonging to us that no weapon formed against it shall prosper!

    Thanks for sharing your revelation! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. AMEN! I believe the same for my family and I.

    Haha ya my grandma and mum did the same thing too!!! And then I was made to drink the burnt talisman ashes put in water concoction - eew... etc etc etc

    Hope you enjoy reading the other posts. I decided to pretty much do quiet time the whole day today after my early morning meeting. Keke.

    That's why there are so many new posts... grins cheekily.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sermon 31/08/2008 - Pastor Lian (NCC)

What the Anointing Oil is & Prayer for the Anointing Oil

Vision Sunday 2013 - The Keys of David (06.01.13) by Pastor Joseph Prince, New Creation Church Singapore. SERMON NOTES