Praise God!

A very good friend of mine msged me the other day that his younger sis is pregnant out of wedlock and we were concerned about his mum's reaction as well as his sister's decision. His family are non-believers but this friend is one.

I met with her sister on Saturday and we had a long talk. Shared with her my experiences and how one can never regret bringing a life into this world, but taking a life and snuffing it can be a painful decision fraught with regrets... Encouraged her to have the child and decide if she wants to keep the child, or give up for adoption if she feels she can't mother the child. I just wanted to show her that there are more than one option out of this situation... that it is not a dead end.

I told her how when I was in her shoes, I was so anxious and depressed and scared I could not see beyond my situation... I basically took a leap of faith in keeping Kae and I did it out of love -how can I kill my own child?

And today, I look back and see how far Christ has taken me... how what I thought would happen didn't but better and greater blessings have filled my life instead. (ALL praise to Jesus!)

Watching her cry made me want to cry too. I know how scary it is.

Well, a few of you were asked to keep her in prayer and Christ is so wonderful and God is so gracious - they broke the news to their mother tonight and she took it calmly (Christ definitely presided over the situation - their mum is usually quite hysterical and very very very fierce. Her kids all fear her.) She was sad but she did not force her daughter to abort or anything. The decision remains the girl's.

She is still in the midst of deciding but I am glad the fear factor that initiated all thoughts of abortion is not as strong as before. She was afraid she'd lose her family but they are standing by her whatever she does.

She is still not sure if she wants to marry the father of the child, understandable as they did not date long and I do not encourage her to marry the guy just because they are having a kid. I did not marry my ex altho I wanted to initially from the start... he was not sure if he was ready... but when he was, I knew already he wasn't the one - he was quite an angry guy and a non-believer and I will tell U guys more in my testimony that I am slowly writing out on this blog. It was hard to make that decision, but I am glad I stood by it - I am now happily married to a person who shares my walk with Christ, who loves Kae so much, is mature and loving and so unconditional in his love towards his wife and son.

Her not being sure about the guy was also affecting her decision about the baby. I told her to see them as separate decisions. Her decision to keep the child or not should not hinge on whether the guy is the right one. That's a diff issue.

Even if the guy is not the right guy, the child is innocent. I shared with her how foetus means "little one" in Latin. How she is the only family the little one has and how that little one has a potential to love and be loved - and it is only fair that she gives the child a chance to live out that potential.

I told her how we made a mistake - by having unprotected premarital sex... but that child is innocent. And we should not make 2 mistakes - 2 wrongs don't make a right.

She is still making her decision and I know the Holy Spirit will guide her... I lift her and the unborn little one up to Christ and I know He is ministering His love to her. Amen.

Keep her in your prayer. God is good AMEN!

Comments

  1. Hi Geri,

    i remember Pastor Prince said in one of his sermons that he went through all those stuff in his youth (occult, believing he lost his salvation, etc) so that we the congregation can now benefit from the lessons he learnt.

    Similarly, i believe that your Kae experience is now being used by God to bless your friend's sister. I pray that thru this situation, your friend's whole family (including the little one) will be saved.

    Romans 8:28 (NLT)
    And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen Stanley.

    We are God's post-it notes to each other and the bible is truly the most beautifully written love letter from Him to us.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sermon 31/08/2008 - Pastor Lian (NCC)

What the Anointing Oil is & Prayer for the Anointing Oil

Vision Sunday 2013 - The Keys of David (06.01.13) by Pastor Joseph Prince, New Creation Church Singapore. SERMON NOTES