Apostle Paul = where New Creation Church finds its inspiration for its sermons

I woke up around noon today and embarked on my quiet time. The first book I was led to pick up to read today was my Holman Quick Source Bible Dictionary (purchased from SKS Books at Tan Boon Liat some years back) and I opened it randomly to a page. My eyes were drawn to the bit on "Galatians".

As I read it out to Ian (who was preparing for work), we were surprised as what Paul said in Galatians is precisely what my church and my pastor preaches about uncompromisingly. =) It basically sums up very accurately what Pastor Prince preaches - which is what Paul preaches.

Pastor Prince has made it clear on many occasions that he preaches what Paul preaches so if anyone has a bone to pick with what he preaches, he has to pick it with Paul first. *Chuckles*
Of course we take our directions not just from Galatians but from the book of Romans, Ephesians, etc.

I think Pastor once reminded us that even when Jesus preached in the 4 gospels, He was preaching to an unsaved world and to the Jews. So we need to discern to whom some of things He said was directed towards. The New Covenant in Christ Jesus is only preached effectively from Acts of the Apostles onwards.

I have scanned what the extract on Galatians says and attached to this blog entry. ( Hope the words are not too tiny - you can double click to see it larger I think?)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sermon 31/08/2008 - Pastor Lian (NCC)

What the Anointing Oil is & Prayer for the Anointing Oil

Vision Sunday 2013 - The Keys of David (06.01.13) by Pastor Joseph Prince, New Creation Church Singapore. SERMON NOTES