Worry or Worship?

Another good write up by Joyce Meyer that I identify with -

Worry and worship are exact opposites, and we’d all be much happier if we learned to become worshippers instead of worriers. Worry opens the door for the devil, but worship is reverence and adoration for God that leads us into His presence. God created us to worship Him, and I don't believe we can walk in victory if we don't become worshippers. Sometimes when we don't have what we need or want, the enemy tries to discourage us and keep us from worshipping God. But when we know that God has our best interests at heart, we can worship Him regardless of our circumstances. Remember, God is good even when our circumstances are not! God doesn't always give us our heart's desire right away. He wants us to develop a deep, personal relationship with Him and an outrageous love for Him so much so that we can't live without it. This kind of relationship and love brings the worshipful attitude that God wants us to have.

I used to be such a worry wart and fearful person. I was a bit like Chicken Little running around going " Henny Penny, Henny Penny, the sky is falling! The sky is falling!"

I was always cussing, swearing, confessing negatively over myself. I had no idea that by doing so I was affecting myself that badly. It didn't help that my parents also didn't know better and would confess negatively over me now and then... and somewhere inside, I felt like they might have been right.

Now, I know better than to believe what people say about me or what I feel about myself because feelings are sometimes a reflection of my fears or False Evidence Appearing Real.

Instead, I confess God's Word over everything and the more stressed I am, the more upset I am.. the more I blast my mp3 player to Hillsongs and praise & worship Him.

And honestly I see the difference in my life today after I listened to the Holy Spirit.

In Christ I am highly favoured, deeply loved and greatly blessed! Ian and I have so much testimonies that we have shared with our friends and in our blogs/emails and at care groups.

Just to share some gems written in the Word that talk about the importance of confessing rightly over your lives making all the difference...

* "A
man’s belly shall be satisfied with the fruit of his mouth, and with the increase of his lips shall he be filled. Death and life are in the power of the tongue, and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof." - Prov 18:20-21

* "F
for verily I say to you, that whosoever shall say to this mountain. Be you removed, and be you cast into the sea, and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he says shall come to pass, he shall have whatsoever he says. Therefore I say to you, what things so ever you desire, when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you shall have them” - Mark 11:23-24

*
“Behold we put bits in the horses mouths, that they may obey us, and we turn about their whole body.
Behold also the ships, which though they be so great, and are driven of fierce winds, yet are they turned about with a very small helm, wherever the pilot desire. Even so the tongue is a little member, and boasts great things. Behold, how great a matter a little fire kindles! And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity, so is the
tongue among our members, that it defiles the whole body, and sets on fire the course of nature, and it is set on fire of hell. For every kind of beasts, and of birds, and of serpents, and of things in the sea, is tamed and has been tamed of mankind. But the tongue can no man tame, it is unruly evil, full of deadly poison.
Therewith bless we God, even the Father and therewith curse we men, which are made after the likeness of God. Out of the same mouth proceeds, blessing and cursing. My brethren these things ought not to be”.
- James 3:3-10

*
“Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace to the hearers” - Ephesians 4:20

*
“The mouth of the righteous speaks wisdom, and his tongue talks of judgment” - Psalm 37:30



Comments

  1. Yup hungry bunny,

    God doesn't want us to be double minded.A worshipper and a worrier!

    To be spritually minded is life and peace.We are not to live like the lost person who live only by the function of his brain.But to diligently guard our hearts for from it flows the issues of life.

    We have the mind of Christ.Let's make peace a priority in our lives.Col 3:15, 1 Cor 2:16

    When we pray in the Spirit,we labour to enter that rest.
    We can be at rest becoz of the cross God is no longer cross with us !Praise God!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sermon 31/08/2008 - Pastor Lian (NCC)

What the Anointing Oil is & Prayer for the Anointing Oil

Vision Sunday 2013 - The Keys of David (06.01.13) by Pastor Joseph Prince, New Creation Church Singapore. SERMON NOTES