What do you live for?



“Death – it comes unexpectedly,” said Greg Laurie, whose 33 year old son died in a car accident very recently, to the people gathered. “Now when you’re old like me, you know it’s coming. But when you're young, you think you’re invincible. When you’re young you think ‘Oh, not now. Maybe in 50 years. Maybe in 60 years.’ And that may be true, but death knocks at every door.”

Laurie urged the people to thoroughly look at how they’re living their lives and whether it’s for Heaven or for the world – the latter of which he said was like wasting two hours in line for a one-and-a-half minute ride at the amusement park.

“What do you live for?” he asked, reiterating the sermon’s title.

I think that question he posed the crowd is also food for thought for many believers, those who have fallen away from the faith, as well as for those who are so-called "Free Thinkers". I agree with the Pastor's metaphor about the world - wasting 2 hrs in line for a 90 second ride at the amusement park. *chuckles*

I found the sermon on Youtube and I've posted it here to share.

I know what I live for and Whose I am... do you know Whose you are yet?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sermon 31/08/2008 - Pastor Lian (NCC)

What the Anointing Oil is & Prayer for the Anointing Oil

Vision Sunday 2013 - The Keys of David (06.01.13) by Pastor Joseph Prince, New Creation Church Singapore. SERMON NOTES