Picture of Chinese Doors & more ripping apart of Chinese Words to see Christ!! =D






Chinese doors with the red paper and blessings written on top of the door and red couplets on the side of the door... Pastor Mark mentioned in his sermon how this is reminiscent of the way the Jews painted their doors with the blood of a lamb during the Passover- Faith application of redemption, in short.
I found it interesting that the first one (a replica of a typical Chinese Door found in a China gift shop) says the following on the top -五福靈門

Those four words are a typical form of blessing in Chinese.

I used to just pass it by but now I find something interesting about it... so here is me ripping it apart and digging again hehe.


is wu - 5 which is the number of grace.


(fu -abundance, prosperity) is formed of 2 elements - 示 (shi - 'Omen' , whose element also represents the truths of the God, 三 written vertically as 小 - triune God?) + (fu - fields piled high with abundance)... does the whole word thus mean "Triune God-given abundance"?

(ling ) -Spirit... Holy Spirt? The elements are formed of yu or rain (blessings raining down on people?), 3 kou or mouths (triune God?), gong or work (God's work? work of our hands?) - it's element also means carpenter's square (Jesus was a carpenter!!!) , 2 ren or people (the original humans -Adam and Eve?)...... Does the whole word thus mean " The blessings raining down on people come from the Triune God over the the work of our hands" ?

(Interestingly, some one also translated the 工 and 2 人 part of the word as Godhead three in one working together)


men or door - means also school of thought.


WOW - Could the whole phrase therefore mean:

"The Grace of the Triune God (Yahweh) gives us/speaks over us our prosperity that rains down on us through the perfect work of Christ/ through the perfect work of God- this is our belief."


Praise God! What a revelation! =D


ANOTHER POINT...

I will be honest. The "ling" or third word used in the following phrase could not be found on my word processor or dictionary. =p It could be the predecessor of the word I have used.
Or, I have come to realise, the predecessor of this word 領.

ling - this one broken down into = ling ( decree, joined and sealed to when its elements are broken down) + ye ( face/ head)

In this case the phrase above becomes -

"The Grace of the Triune God (Yahweh) is sealed upon us through the perfect work of Christ/ through the perfect work of God- this is our belief."

Hey! That is still true and reminds me of Pastor Mark's message that we are sealed by the blood of Christ. =)

Honestly, my Chinese ain't that powerful. Haha. So pardon me if I make mistakes and feel free to gently nudge me on the right track in your comments. ^.^

Still wondering whether I have gotten the word right in the above Chinese Phrase, I decided to take each element of that word I cannot find apart and see what they mean. Go straight to the roots man! =D

The results astounded me. I still can see Jesus once more in the Chinese langauge. PRAISE GOD!


The word is formed by these elements -


On the left is - ju which means Huge in Chinese. Its elements say "carpenter's Square with marks showing handle".

On the right is ren or man + 3 kou or mouths under it (Triune God?)


Could this word therefore refer to "Christ who was a Carpenter and both the Son of Man and the Son of God" ????

NOTE - CORRECTIONS =D

Thank you Parentingjoy & cyberanger for your kind point out that I mistook the third word for another hehe. My Chinese kinda jialak lah haha. *Blush!!*

The correct mandarin word is apparently 臨 (= 臣 + 人 + 3口)

臣 (chen) = pictograph of a kneeling person

人 (ren) = human

Together they form - (wo) (prostrate - lying face down on the ground, as in token of humility, submission, or adoration.

3 (kou) = Triune God

"The Grace of the Triune God (Yahweh) causes us to lie prostrate in humility, submission, adoration in the perfect work of God- this is our belief."

When I see the word "lying down" I also see how we can rest in God's provision. =D

God is so awesome to hide these truths in what is one of the oldest languages of the world...

Regardless of what people might say about the above and following (haha) - I still praise God for the revelation of His truth in the Chinese language! Imagine how a native Chinese will feel when he/she looks at his/her language and sees the thumbprint of our Almighty God everywhere! I am half Chinese and I am already blown away hehe.

ALSO... I was writing this blog entry halfway when I checked my inbox for work related emails. I saw Cyberanger's email informing me of his new blog entry on Inspired Chinese Words.

It was quite an interesting read. =) I for one cannot remember my 成語 cheng yu (set of four Chinese words with much meaning) very well haha... so refresher course on some terms there.



When I saw 十全十美 on his list - I saw Jesus again! (Grins) So I went to research on the elements... No coincidences in Christ that we both were breaking apart 成語 at the same time!

Back to 十全十美...

looks like the cross to me ( I will come back to what the element means soon =D )

is formed of (man) and (king) - Jesus was both the Son of God (our Saviour King) and the Son of Man.

Again we see the cross... (duality of Christ's role - Son of Man and Son of God? First and Second coming?)

is formed of the elements for Lamb and God head . Jesus is the Lamb of God.

Interesting note - means complete, perfect, the centre, the focus.

Could this phrase therefore actually mean that Jesus is the perfect Son of Man, Saviour King and Lamb of God - the focus of our worship ??? =D

It is quite an interesting food for thought!

Praise God! Praise Jesus! =)

Comments

  1. Hmm .. is it 五福临门 or 五福靈門?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The 3rd word is salah. It is not 靈 (spirit) but lin2 临, which means to arrive. The traditional form, as seen in the pic is 臨。It means to arrive or to descent upon. The left portion is not giant (巨) but 臣, which is olden days officials. Actually, in Japan, they still refer to some govt official as 大臣 if I am not wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys for the pointers!

    I know why I couldn't find the word lah! I kept searching under ling and it is lin (lol).

    I "shu bi hua" (count strokes) but couldn't find chen on my reference notes and I think I might have counted salah also lol.

    But tis interesting to see what Spirit means also keke. Esp since we call the Holy Spirit 神靈 =D

    I have since posted up the changes in the blog entry in bright yellow so people won't miss it. =D

    Thanks again for the kind pointers!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the revelation on 靈

    Btw, can you see Cross in 神?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you will find this useful :)

    http://raymondlamsk.blogspot.com/2007/09/blog-post_17.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sermon 31/08/2008 - Pastor Lian (NCC)

What the Anointing Oil is & Prayer for the Anointing Oil

Vision Sunday 2013 - The Keys of David (06.01.13) by Pastor Joseph Prince, New Creation Church Singapore. SERMON NOTES