Miss G

Miss G - the G thing... Miss G is an amazing English Literature teacher. I was only blessed to be under her wings for a year, but her zest for life and her spunk is something that has been etched in the deepest regions of my heart. Miss G has cancer and it has reached a stage where the doctors say it is inoperable. (Stubbornly, I believe that a miracle is not impossible - even at this point & I ask you to join me in praying for her.)

G has inspired so many thoughts, so many dreams, so many things I write. There is a little bit of her in several characters of my stories - past and present and probably in the future.

I read her blog today and I saw a quote that really echoed my feelings.

"Sylvia Plath got it wrong ... She said, "Dying / is an art, like
everything else. / I do it exceptionally well."No, It is Living ...Living is an
art that like everything else ... we should strive to do it exceptionally well!
Plath took the easy way out! Living is more difficult!"


It is precisely this strength in her that is so moving, so inspiring.

Yes, dying is the easier way, living is facing challenges head on.

I was once such a suicidal gal in my teens. Today, I look back at my older self and I am amazed by how far Christ has carried me on His shoulders.

Living in Christ is far easier than living without Him. I should know. I was so hurt by circumstances and people once and so burdened by guilt and condemnation that I found it hard to believe I could be loved, even by my Saviour Redeemer.

It was only when I dared to let go that I have been able to move on... to truly LIVE and be ALIVE.

I am glad that I am built on a firm foundation, and hidden in the secret place of the Most High God. No evil can come near me or my home. No weapons formed against us by the enemy will prosper. He is for me so who can be against me. =) Amen!

I would like to see G again.
Give her teddy bear massages and spend time with her.

Please keep her in your prayers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sermon 31/08/2008 - Pastor Lian (NCC)

What the Anointing Oil is & Prayer for the Anointing Oil

Vision Sunday 2013 - The Keys of David (06.01.13) by Pastor Joseph Prince, New Creation Church Singapore. SERMON NOTES