The Enemy is not pleased... =D

Ian and I attended our care group as usual the other day. And as per normal we felt like the babiess and hippies of the group.

Everyone had an office sharing of some sort aka a normal sharing; But during my turn to share, I was asking for them to pray for our friend's sister - for a miracle that she might change her mind and if she still goes on, that she willl not be in any life danger or psychologically scarred. I shared how there was divine intervention to help give her neutral ground to make her decision and how it seems that she would still like to abort. Throughout the sharing there was an uncomfy silence as I think no one knew how to react and were probably disturbed by the subject matter. But there was a lukewarmness - a "let's change topic" sentiment - hanging in the air.

Later on there was a call by our leader to ask for prayer requests - there was one for someone's kid, another for work - and I reminded them to please pray for my friend's sister and also another friend who has been dabbling dangerously with the occult that there will be deliverance for them. Again, uncomfy "pin drop" silence. So we started praying and right at the end, they prayed for my friend but there was a stumbling - a sense that they did not know where to begin to pray for these gals. Then after the prayer was over, my leader just said - if your friends have so much trouble you should get them to come to our church. To which I reply, in His time.

I felt upset because not everyone can be asked to come to church that easily. Some people will get offended if you keep asking... sometimes, the best way is to cover them with prayer and share a mossel each day till one day, they are ready to turn up. Friend's sis family is Taoist and she is blase about religion in general. Other friend is Catholic by religion but dangerously involved in other spiritualism practices. Catholics don't take easily to invitations to go to Christian churches. I was Catholic and I so know what they are like.

So that night I was griping to a dear sis plus gal friend and shared how Ian & I both felt it might be time to move on from this care group, as we never felt like we fit in. We try but ultimately feel a bit shut out.

We shared with her how we were thinking that maybe we should start a group for media basedd Christians to come together and fellowship - we understand each other better and can pray for each other better. Plus, some of us have an understanding of spiritual warfare and iron sharpens iron.

She also reflected how announcement of Pastor Mike G (the dude behind the song, Healer) and his lies that he had cancer seemed to have affected us without us knowing. We declare that altho the pastor's illness and testimonies were bogus, that the Truth in the Word of God still declares that by His stripes we ARE healed! That Jesus was broken so we might be whole. That all around the world, people are still being healed by the power of the Holy Spirit!

Just after that discussion a few things happened -

  • Challenges at workplace for me (very upsetting stuff)
  • The girl decided to abort... not changing her mind anymore. It will be "over and done with on Monday"... =(... ( I felt like the devil was trying to heap guilt and condemnation on me and her bro - but I reminded us that God can take this situation and turn it around for His glory. Who are we to say that this experience will not draw her to come to know Him someday? Also, we know baby will be with Jesus so there is comfort there.)
  • Kae fell sick (throat infection and fever - he hardly falls ill! His being sick meant I could not go for my Funeral Support induction again - delaying when I can be operationally ready - and I also could not go for my choir auditions that I had been looking forward to for 2 years)
  • My gal friend's BF ( prob one of the most advanced in bible knowledge and spiritual warfare amongst us) fell ill and was rushed to A&E
  • An ex-classmate I was trying to be there for, decided in the face of r/s probs that she no longer wants to be Christian - she decided it was God's fault. (Again - the first incident couldn't heap the coals so the enemy tried to use this. I know only God can make the plant grow - i can only sow seeds and help water them... Daddy will get her to understand in His time. All things are beautiful in His time. Amen.)
Ian, Kae and I decided to take communion as a family when we found out our girl pal's BF had to go A&E and all. And as he led the prayer, Ian brought up how the enemy was increasing his attacks because he is not happy that there are seeds sown, that we were thinking of coming together to fellowship - we were stepping on his tail and he is not happy.

But we know that it is written that we are in this world but not of this world, that He who is in us is greater than he who is of this world. It is written that we are more than conquerors in Christ Jesus, and to cast all our cares upon Him because we are in perfect love and perfect love casts off all fears!!

It is easy to let the devil's attacks affect us, but we refuse to let it - choosing instead to praise Him through the storm, to keep our eyes on Christ! =D

We have decided to act like we are on the Winning Team in Christ instead of murmuring and complaining and acting like losers.

I love the way Joyce Meyer puts it in her sermons -

PRAISE & BE RAISED
COMPLAIN & REMAIN

Unless one learns how to tame our tongue and have a better opinion of God, one will be stuck in the wilderness because one has willed it so and we have free will. We need to let go of our pride, anger, depression, etc and lean on Christ and let go and let Him operate His perfect will for us.

We know we can have confidence in His will because of Jeremian 29:11 and also because it is written in His Word that His blessings bring with them no sorrows.

Our self-made decisions lead to grief sometimes and then we pin it upon Him... but if we step back and look with discerning eyes, we were the ones who got us in the position because the Holy Spirit prompted us one way and yet we walked another way thinking we knew better. We also choose sometimes to see God tinier than our problems.

But everytime we let go and let God or have a better opinion of God, things run smoother... problems shrink faster...

I am taking my cue from David who penned psalms - he always reminded himself to praise God despite the situation and drew closer, not further, from God in the face of trials.

I am putting on my armour and shield of faith and grace & declaring - THE BATTLE BELONGS TO THE LORD! NO WEAPONS FORMED AGAINST ME WILL PROSPER! NO EVIL CAN COME NEAR ME OR MY HOME! A THOUSAND MAY FALL DEAD BESIDE ME, TEN THOUSAND ALL AROUND ME BUT I WILL NOT BE HARMED! I AM HIDDEN IN THE SECRET PLACE OF THE MOST HIGH! AMEN!

So yeah... the enemy ain't happy but that is not a bad thing =) It means we are shaking the gates of Hell in Christ Jesus... =D Beats being lukewarm. Zeal for the LORD'S HOUSE consumes me...

I take heart in 2 Tim 1:7, 1 John 3:18, Phil 2:14, Ps 117:2, Prov 17:22, Ps 126:2 , Eph 4:29, and ultimately John 16:33 - In the world, ye shall hath tribulation: but be of GOOD CHEER; I hath OVERCOME the world.

Comments

  1. It's important to be reminded of Romans 5,6,7 and 8.

    God is good all the time!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How about starting a prayer group among like-minded people who will agree and pray 'without prejudice'?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup. That evening after care group we started gathering our Christian friends (regardless of church) to form the group - that is why we were reflecting also on how once we started to do that, the enemy started attacking those of us who are in it already esp the one with the best bible knowledge and spiritual warfare knowledge and leader in a ministry in our church - ie the bf of my sis/gal pal who had to go to A&E. And I also went under attack - prob hoping to discourage me from gathering more ppl. Lol.

    It just makes us all the more raring to go actually lol. Praise Jesus!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sermon 31/08/2008 - Pastor Lian (NCC)

What the Anointing Oil is & Prayer for the Anointing Oil

Vision Sunday 2013 - The Keys of David (06.01.13) by Pastor Joseph Prince, New Creation Church Singapore. SERMON NOTES