Even the winds and the waves obey Him (daily devotional)

The men were amazed and asked, "What kind of man is this? Even the winds and the waves obey him!" -- Matthew 8:27

What kind of man? Ah, much more than a man, he is our Lord,King, Messiah, Shepherd, and Savior.

Tender Shepherd and Abba Father, thank you for emptying heaven of your choicest glory and sending Jesus to be my Lord and Savior.

As I face the storms in my life, please give me the courage to stand bravely in faith, trusting that my Savior will still the winds and the waves and bring me safely home to you. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Comments

  1. Hi Geri,

    Just to share the words of the song,

    Part The Waters

    When I think I'm going under, part the waters, Lord.
    When I feel the waves around me, calm the sea.
    When I cry for help, O hear me, Lord, and hold out Your hand.
    Touch my life, still the raging storm in me.

    Knowing You love me through the burden I must bear,
    Hearing Your footsteps lets me know I'm in Your care,
    And in the night of my life You bring the promise of day,
    Here is my hand, show me the way.

    Knowing You love me helps me face another day.
    Hearing Your footsteps drives the clouds and fear away;
    And in the tears of my life I see the sorrow You bore,
    Here is my pain, heal it once more.

    When I think I'm going under, part the waters, Lord.
    When I feel the waves around me, calm the sea.
    When I cry for help, O hear me, Lord, and hold out Your hand.
    Touch my life, still the raging storm in me.

    Hope you like the lyrics.

    Shalom,
    Joo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do Joo. Very much!

    I love the song - posted about it. =D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sermon 31/08/2008 - Pastor Lian (NCC)

What the Anointing Oil is & Prayer for the Anointing Oil

Vision Sunday 2013 - The Keys of David (06.01.13) by Pastor Joseph Prince, New Creation Church Singapore. SERMON NOTES